ADVERTISEMENT

Way too Early 1A Playoff Predictions

I think the Regina - PC game will be the other game to watch that has a potential to be a close game. I think that will show how good district 5 really is this year.

Reactions: rc1963
Easy to forget that Durant beat S-K 38-14 in Sigourney this season. They also lost to Mid-Prairie.
S-K is the team everyone wants in the 2nd round I'm sure. One dimensional and from a weak District.

SK is one dimensional. But watching video of that game and also of games later in the season for both Durant and SK, SK got a lot better and Durant did not.

SK is one dimensional. But watching video of that game and also of games later in the season for both Durant and SK, SK got a lot better and Durant did not.

After Week 1:

SK 6-1
Durant 4-3

Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
SK may be one dimensional with regards run vs pass, but they at least have several different options in the run game . Durant is just as one dimensional with only one option. SK made changes after week 2, not sure what they were, but it obviously worked. Also, don’t know if they happened to have anyone out the first two weeks. It appears they had their skill guys, but not sure about OL.

SK may be one dimensional with regards run vs pass, but they at least have several different options in the run game . Durant is just as one dimensional with only one option. SK made changes after week 2, not sure what they were, but it obviously worked. Also, don’t know if they happened to have anyone out the first two weeks. It appears they had their skill guys, but not sure about OL.
I read somewhere that if it’s just 1-2 players it can’t make up that difference 😊

• Haha
Reactions: BlameIt
I've watched a few SK games this year and the main issue to start the season is that they only returned 2 starters on offense and 4 on defense & the scrimmage was canceled due to weather. After the first two games the coaches settled on a starting defense and offense and things are much better for them. They are probably a draw that people will want in the 2nd round, but they aren't the same team that played against Durant.

I've watched a few SK games this year and the main issue to start the season is that they only returned 2 starters on offense and 4 on defense & the scrimmage was canceled due to weather. After the first two games the coaches settled on a starting defense and offense and things are much better for them. They are probably a draw that people will want in the 2nd round, but they aren't the same team that played against Durant.

A physical disciplined defense can negate a lot of what sk does. WB has that

I say this with no disrespect to SK. WB and Butch have seen the spinner offense a lot over the last 30 plus years. If WB and SK meet I’m sure WB will be well prepared. Teams that have never faced the spinner offense can be caught off guard.

I say this with no disrespect to SK. WB and Butch have seen the spinner offense a lot over the last 30 plus years. If WB and SK meet I’m sure WB will be well prepared. Teams that have never faced the spinner offense can be caught off guard.
I think WB can stop SK even though I don't think they will not be in the same Pod. I watched some of the WB video and they are not as dominant as what people are led to believe. They still may make it to the Dome but they will not be playing for the title.

Reactions: IGo42
I think WB can stop SK even though I don't think they will not be in the same Pod. I watched some of the WB video and they are not as dominant as what people are led to believe. They still may make it to the Dome but they will not be playing for the title.
Their defense is ridiculously good.

Are teams relatively healthy going into the postseason? This time of year it’s tough and a team might be impacted with players out.

Are teams relatively healthy going into the postseason? This time of year it’s tough and a team might be impacted with players out.
I'm pretty sure both DNH and Cascade RB's are out, and they play each other this week.
Durant QB went out with an injury against Regina and never returned.
Not sure on any others off hand.

The Durant QB that got hurt was actually the backup. Their starting QB from week 1 & 2 returned to action for the first time since week 2, in the 2nd half after the injury.

Reactions: IGo42
I know Mediapolis will have an easier time if the Central Decatur receiver is not back. He was hurt in the 1st quarter of the last game and never returned. He is #4 in receiving yards in the state.

I know Mediapolis will have an easier time if the Central Decatur receiver is not back. He was hurt in the 1st quarter of the last game and never returned. He is #4 in receiving yards in the state.
Looks like he tried to come back in for a play and couldn’t go. He’s also the 3rd leading tackler and 2nd on team in sacks and TFL. Big loss for them if he can’t play. Hate to see it. Would rather have everyone healthy for all teams especially seniors.

Looks like he tried to come back in for a play and couldn’t go. He’s also the 3rd leading tackler and 2nd on team in sacks and TFL. Big loss for them if he can’t play. Hate to see it. Would rather have everyone healthy for all teams especially seniors.
You could tell that he is the team since they do a lot of passing. After that it was a tough finding a good receiver for CD. Plus the line wore down quite a bit and PC line got in the backfield a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT