ADVERTISEMENT

Way too Early 1A Playoff Predictions

IGo42

Freshman
Sep 10, 2019
We'll know a lot more after this week; feel free to tear my predictions apart (in hopes of getting a good discussion going). And if you disagree give a reason or some insight.

D1
1 W Sioux
2 W Christian
3 Emmetsburg
4 Ridge View

D2
1 S Hamilton
2 S Central Calhoun
3 Woodward Granger
4 Manson NW Webster

D3
1 Dike NH
2 A-P
3 S Hardin
4 Denver

D4
1 MFL
2 Wat Columbus
3 Sumner-Fredericksburg
4 Cascade
***(Dyersville Beckman doesn't make the playoffs)

D5
1 W Branch
2 Durant
3 Mepo
4 Regina

D6
1 Sig-Keota
2 Pella Christian
3 Central Decatur
4 Van Buren

D7
1 Van Meter
2 ACGC
3 WC Valley
4 I-35

D8
1 Underwood
2 Kuemper Catholic
3 Treynor
4 E Sac Co

Last edited:
Good to see some early playoff predictions. I believe that Beckman will be in the playoffs. D4 and D5 are heavy hitting districts with some solid teams. Is it neighboring districts for the first round of 1/4 and 2/3 or does the state go geographically? Can’t remember.

Good to see some early playoff predictions. I believe that Beckman will be in the playoffs. D4 and D5 are heavy hitting districts with some solid teams. Is it neighboring districts for the first round of 1/4 and 2/3 or does the state go geographically? Can’t remember.
That’s basically the same thing (neighboring district vs geographic). It’s some of both. It is not sister districts.

We'll know a lot more after this week; feel free to tear my predictions apart (in hopes of getting a good discussion going). And if you disagree
D4
1 MFL
2 Wat Columbus
3 Sumner-Fredericksburg
4 Cascade
***(Dyersville Beckman doesn't make the playoffs)

D5
1 W Branch
2 Durant
3 Mepo
4 Regina
Thoughts:

**Beckman will get in. They're experiencing some injuries right now. If OL Burlage returns, they'll be steamrolling again.

**D5: I see WB #1, Mepo #2, Regina #3, Durant #4. Wildcats can change that all. They have WB, Mepo, Regina the next three weeks. Murderers Row of sorts. WB needs to keep on keeping on. Any lapse could prove fatal on the scoreboard.

**D5: if that shakes out, WB has opportunity to be at home until the Dome. End of Alphabet this year.

It will be fun to see how it plays out.

Reactions: IGo42
Thoughts:

**Beckman will get in. They're experiencing some injuries right now. If OL Burlage returns, they'll be steamrolling again.

**D5: I see WB #1, Mepo #2, Regina #3, Durant #4. Wildcats can change that all. They have WB, Mepo, Regina the next three weeks. Murderers Row of sorts. WB needs to keep on keeping on. Any lapse could prove fatal on the scoreboard.

**D5: if that shakes out, WB has opportunity to be at home until the Dome. End of Alphabet this year.

Heard 7 starters got caught drinking this weekend for Beckman.

Thoughts:

Is Regina going to be healthy for West Branch and Durant? Big key for them and Mepo for that matter going forward.

Yes, pretty certain Beckman has 7-8 starters ineligible. They already lost to Cascade and still have to play Waterloo Columbus, Sum-Fred, and MFL....

I heard 8 kids at beckman, but may be rumor. I guess we will see tomorrow night and how quick if true, they return.

D1
1 W Sioux vs MVAOCOU
2 W Christian vs South Central Calhoun
3 Emmetsburg @ Carroll Kuemper
4 Ridge View @ Underwood

D2
1 S Hamilton vs West Central Valley
2 Woodward Granger vs Central Decatur
3 South Central Calhoun @ Western Christian
4 Eagle Grove @ Van Meter

D3
1 Dike NH vs Pleasantville
2 A-P vs Durant
3 Denver @ Waterloo Columbus
4 South Hardin @ MFL

D4
1 MFL vs South Hardin
2 Wat Columbus vs Denver
3 Cascade @ Mepo
4 Sumner-Fredericksburg @ West Branch

D5
1 W Branch vs Sumner-Fredericksburg
2 Mepo vs Cascade
3 Durant @ Aplington-Parkersburg
4 Regina @ Sigourney-Keota

D6
1 Sig-Keota vs IC Regina
2 Pella Christian vs I-35
3 Central Decatur @ Woodward-Granger
4 Pleasantville @ DNH

D7
1 Van Meter vs Eagle Grove
2 ACGC vs Treynor
3 I-35 @ Pella Christian
4 West Central Valley @ South Hamilton

D8
1 Underwood vs Ridge View
2 Kuemper Catholic vs Emmetsburg
3 Treynor @ ACGC
4 MVAOCOU @ West Sioux

Reactions: IGo42 and Charles86
D1
1 W Sioux vs MVAOCOU
2 W Christian vs South Central Calhoun
3 Emmetsburg @ Carroll Kuemper
4 Ridge View @ Underwood

D2
1 S Hamilton vs West Central Valley
2 Woodward Granger vs Central Decatur
3 South Central Calhoun @ Western Christian
4 Eagle Grove @ Van Meter

D3
1 Dike NH vs Pleasantville
2 A-P vs Durant
3 Denver @ Waterloo Columbus
4 South Hardin @ MFL

D4
1 MFL vs South Hardin
2 Wat Columbus vs Denver
3 Cascade @ Mepo
4 Sumner-Fredericksburg @ West Branch

D5
1 W Branch vs Sumner-Fredericksburg
2 Mepo vs Cascade
3 Durant @ Aplington-Parkersburg
4 Regina @ Sigourney-Keota

D6
1 Sig-Keota vs IC Regina
2 Pella Christian vs I-35
3 Central Decatur @ Woodward-Granger
4 Pleasantville @ DNH

D7
1 Van Meter vs Eagle Grove
2 ACGC vs Treynor
3 I-35 @ Pella Christian
4 West Central Valley @ South Hamilton

D8
1 Underwood vs Ridge View
2 Kuemper Catholic vs Emmetsburg
3 Treynor @ ACGC
4 MVAOCOU @ West Sioux
I could see Pleasantville to Underwood, Ridge View to Van Meter and Eagle Grove to DNH.

Or last year it was Pleasantville to VM and Eagle Grove to DNH which would put Ridge View at Underwood

1 vs. 4
D1 West Sioux vs. East Sac County
D2 South Hamilton vs. WC Valley, Stuart
D3 A-P vs. Pleasantville
D4 MFL vs. Durant
D5 West Branch vs. Sum-Fred
D6 S-K vs. South Hardin
D7 Van Meter vs. Eagle Grove
D8 Underwood vs. Ridge View

2 vs. 3
Western Christian vs. SCC
W-G vs. Central Decatur
Denver vs. IC Regina
Wat. Columbus vs. DNH
Mepo vs. Cascade
Pella Christian vs. I-35
ACGC vs. Treynor
Carroll Kuemper vs. Emmetsburg

Just my predictions for whatever they are worth.

1 vs. 4
D3 A-P vs. Pleasantville
D4 MFL vs. Durant
D6 S-K vs. South Hardin

2 vs. 3
W-G vs. Central Decatur
Denver vs. IC Regina
Wat. Columbus vs. DNH
Mepo vs. Cascade
Pella Christian vs. I-35
ACGC vs. Treynor

Denver the 2 and DNH the 3?

Scorestream has Denver winning 30-20 over DNH which is why I had Denver ahead. Obviously the 17-point tiebreaker will come into play and right now DNH is ahead based on the IAHSAA.

Scorestream has Denver winning 30-20 over DNH which is why I had Denver ahead. Obviously the 17-point tiebreaker will come into play and right now DNH is ahead based on the IAHSAA.
If Denver wins by 17+, DNH would have to win by 13 (head to head goes to Denver) or 12 or less then +\- goes to Denver. Anything else it’ll be DNH.

1 vs. 4
D3 A-P vs. Pleasantville
D4 MFL vs. Durant
D6 S-K vs. South Hardin

2 vs. 3
W-G vs. Central Decatur
Denver vs. IC Regina
Wat. Columbus vs. DNH
Mepo vs. Cascade
Pella Christian vs. I-35
ACGC vs. Treynor

Switch Eagle Grove to A-P and P'ville to Van Meter. Much shorter travel distances

I completely agree. Hence the reason I quoted @MepoDawg# post. The player is becoming eligible for Mepo. Gonna make them a pretty tough out along with a healthy Lipper.

You left out "get an open enrollment kid eligible" as a big key.
If you’re taking about Mepo then yes he’ll help out. And he’s got a long way to get to school. He literally lives across the street from the school. He’s a transfer back into the district after transferring out before high school. He also sat out the required number of school days instead of getting some exemption to be eligible immediately. His younger brothers have been here the whole time that they lived here, 6 years across from the school. And he was at Mepo in middle school.

If you’re taking about Mepo then yes he’ll help out. And he’s got a long way to get to school. He literally lives across the street from the school. He’s a transfer back into the district after transferring out before high school. He also sat out the required number of school days instead of getting some exemption to be eligible immediately. His younger brothers have been here the whole time that they lived here, 6 years across from the school. And he was at Mepo in middle school.
So according to every rule. Sounds like a great reason to be upset about it and bring it up.

He actually lives in town? And doesn’t drive a long way to a small town everyday just because he lost a QB job at a bigger school?

Can we just focus on the postseason and first round games
I didn’t bring it up. Just stating the facts to put it to rest. I’m good focusing on the postseason. Ready for a home game then hopefully beating some district champs on their home field. Couple of interesting first round games and possible real interesting second round games.

I didn’t bring it up. Just stating the facts to put it to rest. I’m good focusing on the postseason. Ready for a home game then hopefully beating some district champs on their home field. Couple of interesting first round games and possible real interesting second round games.
Denver vs. Columbus is the most interesting game to me. Both teams have been playing very well of late. Denver is lead by a couple of solid seniors in the backfield, but Columbus has a solid defense with a really good LB. Should be a good game.

Agree. Denver @ Wat Columbus has to be the most intriguing matchup. This one should be one heck of a game. I'll take Columbus 21-13.

Let's keep it real here. Mediapolis had like 75 yards of total offense and scored 7 points (late) against WB the first time they played. Are the two players they get gonna make up that much ground if they were to play again in R2 or R3?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT