ADVERTISEMENT

way to early top 10 2020 rankings

1. Start with Grundy Center as favorite
2-6...usual suspects in no order. West Hancock, Wapsie, St. Ansgar, Garrigan Woodbury
7-10.... no order South Winn, Hinton, EDCO...and someone will rise up.

Reactions: falconfanx3
1.Grundy Center
2. Saint Albert CB
3. Woodbury Central
4. Wapsie Valley
5. st. Ansgar
6. Hudson
7. Britt WH
8. Garrigan
9. North Tama
10. south Winn

1.Grundy Center
2. Saint Albert CB
3. Woodbury Central
4. Wapsie Valley
5. st. Ansgar
6. Hudson
7. Britt WH
8. Garrigan
9. North Tama
10. south Winn

Hudson will be in1A, it will be interesting to see how the new districts shake out and just how many districts in general. They have to split up D7 that had Grundy, Wapsie, North Tama , Hudson and EB. Depends on also how many teams move to 8 man and hearing at least 3 8 man moving back up to 11 man.

Not sure what they can do next year but look for Pekin, return 9 starters on both sides of the ball, probably the most competitive 2-7 team you could find from last year. Also bring back what would’ve been best defensive player but tore his acl early on. Also on the line of 1a, leaning 1a I believe

Not sure what they can do next year but look for Pekin, return 9 starters on both sides of the ball, probably the most competitive 2-7 team you could find from last year. Also bring back what would’ve been best defensive player but tore his acl early on. Also on the line of 1a, leaning 1a I believe
From what I have figured out strictly off the beds ( not included schools who combine so not accurate. I’m coming up with like 161 n under r in class a and Pekin at 160. who knows if their number goes up or down but looks like they are literally a either way team. 50/50 chance to be in either class.
Now since i looked that means Durant, Alta, Hinton, tri center, and avoca are all above the line that 161. Really curious what that breaker number will be but will be in worth a couple of 161

Will be interesting if that’s the number. As of now ther is 3 teams with 163z Regina, north linn, and tri center

These numbers are for last years beds, the new beds that they will use have not been posted yet so basically nobody other than the school themselves know what their bed numbers are. They could be bigger or smaller than 163, only time will tell.

These numbers are for last years beds, the new beds that they will use have not been posted yet so basically nobody other than the school themselves know what their bed numbers are. They could be bigger or smaller than 163, only time will tell.
I’m not a idiot lol I know they are last years numbers. Just throwing the numbers out that are available at the time for a rough idea at least of where teams were previously.

Have heard from Regina their BEDs for FB will officially be 161. I have the cutoff for 1A/A at 165. And yes, Hudson is 175 and will be jumping up a class.

Obviously I’m biased o_O

1. Grundy
2. Regina
3. Wapsie
4. St Alberts
5. Belmond
6. St Ansgar
7. Garrigan
8. South Winn
9. Woodbury Central
10. West Hancock (do return a few starters, but all of them play least important positions on there team like WR, and DB

Have heard that Regina was going to opt up and stay in 1A

Serious question on St. Albert...why are people ranking them so high

Because they are St Alberts. Teams like St Alberts, West Hancock, Regina, Garrigan, St Ansgar... you give them the benefit of the doubt with there traditions and obviously also off what they have coming back. We had a “down year” and still went 6-3. We return all but 5 seniors and only 2 of them were really any good

Saint Albert graduated 1 senior who played. They return all other starters. Their losses were to two top 10 1A teams, a top 8 class A team, and a 2A school week 1 with the top recruit in the state of Iowa. They'll most likely be favorites to make a deep run out of the SWI region.

Reactions: GarriganFan12
Ed-Co will be tough again. MFL has majority of their skills back... Lisbon will be up there!!
I thought mfl was losing most of its team besides one kid. Sophomore running back is all I c coming back. Just saying. I agree with you about edco they will be a tough till rochford is gone. Lisbon showed signs of life again last year, curious to see the direction of that program.

I thought mfl was losing most of its team besides one kid. Sophomore running back is all I c coming back. Just saying. I agree with you about edco they will be a tough till rochford is gone. Lisbon showed signs of life again last year, curious to see the direction of that program.

Does lisbon just have poor coaching or what's the deal? I feel like they should have more success than they recently have

Lisbon and Ed-Co will definitely be tough, but I dont see MFl being very solid.

Lisbon has been playing underclassmen the past two years. Next year, they will be very experienced, big and skilled. Coaching staff is pretty solid. They have a good run of athletes coming up again...

1 Regina
2 North Linn
3 Grundy
4 Garrigan
5 Britt
6 Wapsi
7 St Alb
8 Ed Co
9 Woodburry
10 St Ansgar

MFL loses several linemen, top RB, and QB.

Return a couple solid receivers, two good sophomore backs, and a couple All-District linemen. They spread the ball out to lots of different players, seemed like they handed the ball off to 10 different backs and most of them averaged 8+ yds/carry. I heard their middle school teams beat up on bigger schools like Waukon and Decorah by 40pts so I think they'll be solid for years to come.

MFL has some holes to fill but see in the paper they have five (1st & 2nd team) All-District players returning. They might not be as good as they were this year but they will still be a decent team.

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me what Garrigan has that would bring everyone to rank them? They bring back minimal production from what I see and lose top 2 in tackles.

Can someone explain to me what Garrigan has that would bring everyone to rank them? They bring back minimal production from what I see and lose top 2 in tackles.
Bring back 11 juniors who all started last year. Bring in a 6’5 300 pound freshmen who’s getting looked at by d1’s. Only graduate 5 players and 2 of them were the only ones who were any good and they played linemen on offense and will get replaced on the offensive line. And garrigan has a great program who develops players so that big experienced class will only get better and stronger. Don’t bring back a top end talent in the class but I could see them being like a north Tama next year or a saint ansgar where they don’t have a real weak starter.

Last edited:
Bring back 11 juniors who all started last year. Bring in a 6’5 300 pound freshmen who’s getting looked at by d1’s. Only graduate 5 players and 2 of them were the only ones who were any good and they played linemen on offense and will get replaced on the offensive line. And garrigan has a great program who develops players so that big experienced class will only get better and stronger. Don’t bring back a top end talent in the class but I could see them being like a north Tama next year or a saint ansgar where they don’t have a real weak starter.
Lol pretty high hopes for a team that played in a bad district. Part the reason 6-3.

Does lisbon just have poor coaching or what's the deal? I feel like they should have more success than they recently have
We haven’t played them in a few years and knew wasn’t so haven’t researched hard on them but sure looks like coaching has to be a factor. The guy retired pretty randomly and right before season if I remember right. so I chalked that first season up to that. Now though I dk they showed signs of life but I don’t think they fully recover from losing Allison as coach. What makes matters worse is they didn’t play in a tough district the last 2 years and were not very good

So you have a problem with how highly garrigan is ranked but not belmond who played in the same district and had the same record lol.
Never said I didn’t have a problem with it lol. I just was commenting to the fact you thinking garrigan can be like north tama or a saint Ansgar without a top end talent. Hilarious to me. Without something like that garrigan better hope for a good district draw go 7-2 take the playoff appearance and first round loss. In small class when you don’t have that kid or two with a extra gear your a district runner up talented team

Never said I didn’t have a problem with it lol. I just was commenting to the fact you thinking garrigan can be like north tama or a saint Ansgar without a top end talent. Hilarious to me. Without something like that garrigan better hope for a good district draw go 7-2 take the playoff appearance and first round loss. In small class when you don’t have that kid or two with a extra gear your a district runner up talented team
You really have no idea how football works lol. We will see haha. Saint Ansgar went 6-3 and missed the playoffs and graduated like 6 seniors, then went to the dome. pretty fair comparison to garrigan this coming year. And if you check garrigan in recent years they usually don’t bring back a lot of production but have a big senior class and go 9-0.

Last edited:
You really have no idea how football works lol. We will see haha. Saint Ansgar went 6-3 and missed the playoffs and graduated like 6 seniors, then went to the dome. pretty fair comparison to garrigan this coming year. And if you check garrigan in recent years they usually don’t bring back a lot of production but have a big senior class and go 9-0.
And lose in the quarters every year when they get to elite teams that have a top end talent.
Also how can u compare garrigan to Saint Ansgar when you say you return no top end talent when the sivert kid is a top end talent lol but I’m the one who don’t know anything. Also now don’t say north tama when they had the stacker kid

And lose in the quarters every year when they get to elite teams that have a top end talent.
Also how can u compare garrigan to Saint Ansgar when you say you return no top end talent when the sivert kid is a top end talent lol but I’m the one who don’t know anything. Also now don’t say north tama when they had the stacker kid
I agree that maybe the saint ansgar comparison wasn’t right because you are right the sievert kid was an animal just very similar season and very similar graduating classes and stuff but staker is not a top end talent he was second in rushing second in passing and 4th in tackling he was there best all around player but not a top end talent in class A. In my opinion

I agree that maybe the saint ansgar comparison wasn’t right because you are right the sievert kid was an animal just very similar season and very similar graduating classes and stuff but staker is not a top end talent he was second in rushing second in passing and 4th in tackling he was there best all around player but not a top end talent in class A. In my opinion
That’s your opinion and that’s fine, my opinion on the staker kid he was great football player and without him that team is pry 5-4.

Woah a lot of hostility there:eek: I mean they do have a runner up and 3 quarterfinal appearances in last 5 years. But I would agree that you need a large group of kids who have spent a lot of time in the weight in conjunction with 1-2 players with “top end talent” meaning they could possibly play at the division 2/1 college level. But they have to be skill players. From what I’ve seen of Bishop the past 2 seasons is that there top end talent played offensive line and tight end. Not exactly the most important positions in class A

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT