ADVERTISEMENT

WaMaC Soccer

oreorunners_1014

Freshman
Oct 30, 2003
how do you think everything is going to turn out this year? any big surprise teams to look for? Predictions?

here is how i think things will look:
East:
Solon
DeWitt
Beckman
West Delaware
Mt. Vernon
Maquoketa
Western Dubuque
Anamosa

West:
Columbus
CC-A
Marion
Independence
CP-U
Williamsburg
Benton

a few things that cuaght my eye thru the first few games...

beckman over columbus 2-0. yes beckman went to state last year but i think for years now the team to beat in the conf is columbus and they got beat their first game out.

DeWitt losing to williamsburg at home? dewitt plays a different style of play but always seems to win games. so that score surprised me too. williamsburg is now 2-0 now on the year so maybe they are that surprise team.

indee and western dubuque tie. WDub was down big last year i thought so it will be interesting to see how the season goes for them.

other results
wdel 2 cpu 0
marion 2 anamosa 0
mtv over benton
dav. west over maquoketa

marion had a great finsish to their season last year, but none of those wins count for this year... and have the played anyone yet? i dont see a challenge for them until 2/3 thru there season, when they run into columbus. cca, and beckman. YES they are winning the games and are perfect so far but are they really that good?

The next 2 weeks will tell. Marion plays Williamsburg, and then road games at Mount Pleasant, Indepnedance, and W. Columbus. Last year Marion lost to Columbus very early 1-0, and they beat CC AMana down there 2-0.

i disagree, we wont find out if marion is good until beckman and CCA.
williamsburg (2-3), Indee(2-4-1) and Mt.P (2-3) and not good measuring sticks for an undeafted team.

Current Overall Season Records:
WaMaC EAST
Solon......5-0
W.Del......3-1
Beckman....3-1-1
W.Dub......2-1-1
DeWitt.....3-2
Mt.Vernon..3-3
Maquoketa..2-4
Anamosa....2-4

WaMaC WEST
Marion.....5-0
CCA........4-1
Columbus...5-2-4
Benton.....2-2
W'Burg.....2-3
Indee......2-4-1
CPU........1-3

Agree with you, oreorunners. This is the problem with 2A rankings. It often takes way too long to see who is good. Lots of schedules just don't give good measuring sticks until very late in the season. I would look for the bottom half of the 2A rankings to shuffle quite a bit - example unranked Pella just handled #10 Perry 5-0 tonight.

had some really good games this past week.
beckman over solon at solon to grab the top spot in the east.
and columbus over CCA, marion and columbus are undeafeted in west division

Waterloo Columbus may not have the records as some, but they are clearly one of the better teams in the conference.
Columbus / CCA was a good game, but clearly Columbus had more talent

how do you see the game turning out tonight blackhawks? i am think marion gets their first loss of the year in there first real opponet of the season.

I haven't seen marion play yet this year, but I think we will know more about how good they may be after the next 3 games. Todays game should be a good one to watch and I would have give the edge to columbus only because I think they have already shown how good they are.

two weeks left in the regular season, whose gunna take each of the conference divisions?

Current Standings: and games remaining

EAST
Beckman.......3-0...vs. Mt.Vernon, vs. DeWitt, vs. W.Dubuque, @ Maquoketa
Solon.........4-1...@ W.Dubuque, @ Anamosa
DeWitt........2-1...vs. Maquoketa, @ W.Delaware, @ Beckman, vs. Mt. Vernon
Mt.Vernon.....3-2...@ Beckman, @ DeWitt
Maquoketa.....2-3...@ DeWitt, vs. Beckman
W.Delaware....2-3...vs. Amamosa, vs. DeWitt
W.Dubuque.....1-3...vs. Solon, @ Beckman, vs. Anamosa
Anamosa.......0-4...@ W.Delaware, vs. Solon, @ W.Dubuque

WEST
Columbus......4-0...vs. Williamsburg, @ Independence,
Marion........3-1...vs. CCA, vs. Benon
CCA...........3-1...vs. Benton, @ Marion
Benton........2-1...@ CCA, vs. CP-U, @ Marion
CP-U..........2-3...@ Benton,
Independence..1-4...vs. Columbus
Williamsburg..0-5...@ Columbus

Columbus has West wrapped up. if Beckman comes to play they should have the east as they already beat solon and dewitt plays the majority of there games left on the road

Good game tonight in Marion, Marion beat CCA 3-2. CCA has an 8-3 record with two more conference games coming up. It will be interesting to see were they end up in substate pairings. Last few years they have had the kiss of death group playing @ CR Xavier.

Marion has had a tough stretch. Had one starter injured and out until substates before playing columbus, then had another starter red carded at columbus, so they played the last 30 minutes of the game and 2 overtimes with only 10 players, went to penalty kicks. Then against CCA, another starter could not play, so they played without 3 starters tonight. Dyersville-Beckman is up next on the road, then 3 games at home.

marion has another loss last night, maquoketa is coming on strong at the end of the year. cca beat WDel. and districts come out. exciting day yesterday

they lost 5-2 to mtV on the 5th, and have won 3 straight since... scoring 9 goals the other night vs williamsburg. 2 of those coming before a full minute had been played in the game.

what does everyone think of another beckman/solon matchup to go to state? is it unfiar that beckman has to travel to solon to place the final, have already beaten then, and beat them last year, only having one loss. why is beckman so low in the rankings when they have beaten columbus and solon above them?

I was referring to the 6-2 lost to Beckman Thursday. Yes they scored 9 goals against Williamsburg but also gave up 5. They are going to have to get much better if they want to make a substate run. I do think Beckman drew the short stick in regards to substate pairing, location obviously played a weighted role in seedings.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT