ADVERTISEMENT

Valley v Waukee

jjirak23

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2004
QB - Edge Waukee Randall has the edge statistically for sure with 1700 passing yards and another 1,018 rushing yards. He is dual threat and their O relies on his feet to beat you both ways. Katcher has had a very solid year for the highest scoring team in 4A. He has 1,111 passing yards and 0 net rushing but has been very effective in getting the Tigers in the endzone.

RB Edge - Valley Mitchell and Williams have combined for near 1800 yards and 25 TD's good combo of speed and power. Waukee led by Randall, 2nd leading rusher is out with a knee injury.

WR Edge - Valley Nice trio of Johnson, Neu and Mahoney for the Tigers that can beat you with speed and good routes. Waukee led by Odell with 9 td's and the big tight end. Both groups possess a lot of speed that will challenge the other teams db's

O-Line Edge Valley Veteran group that has paved the way for the Tigers, with 5 Sr.'s along the o-line. Waukee is a bit smaller, quick and also very effective.

D-Line Push Both teams probably on the smaller scale of the size charts, but can get you with great speed.
LB's Edge - Valley Another position that Valley starts 3 Sr.'s that can fly to the football and make plays. Waukee is stout here as well with Spyksma leading the way for them with 52 tackles.

DB's Push - Both units possess some great skill players with speed and athleticism. Smith for Waukee may be the fastest player out on the field tomorrow night. Valley has 10 and Waukee 7 int's on the year.

Special teams - Valley This played a huge roll in game 1 with 3 missed fg's by Valley, Waukee missed one, had one blocked and had 1 punt blocked and 2 bad snaps on punts that led to good Valley field position.

BC Moore has Valley as a 10 pt favorite, as I said in the other thread I expect a much closer score than the 38-10 Valley victory in week 4. I'll go with 31-21 Valley.

Reactions: franky1967
I thought Prairie had a fine team, to see Waukee handle them twice by almost the same score.

Did Waukee RB get injured against Prairie?

Waukee wants to get the football in Aaron Smith's hands as much as possible tomorrow. He's their big-play guy / difference-maker.

You forgot the biggest edge out there. Coaching. Valley has one of the best to do it in the state and a lot of senior leadership. Waukee coaching has always been the let down and why so much talent over the past few years hasn't led to the dome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT