ADVERTISEMENT

Valley v Bettendorf

jjirak23

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2004
4:00 Valley vs Bettendorf

Should be a great game featuring 2 offenses that can flat out put points on the board. Valley leads 4A at 48.09 pts per game. Bettendorf 4th at 39.36. Defensively Valley was # 1 at 9.91 and Bettendorf 5th at 14.45. Only common opponent is CR Kennedy, Valley won at Kennedy 28-14 in week 4 and Bettendorf lost at CRK in week 7 18-28. Bettendorf's other loss was at home to Cedar Falls in a weather delayed game 32-35.

Bey-Buie from Bettendorf has nearly 2,000 yards, 31 td's and a 9.7 ypc average. Valley counters with a 2 headed monster of Mitchell 1256 yards, 19 td's and 10.4 ypc and Williams with 871, 9 and 7.9. Can either defense shut down the running games?

Both teams have gotten solid QB play with Byrne of Bett throwing for 1395 10 td's and 8 picks. Kaetcher has thrown for 1275, 16 and 7. Both teams are capable of beating you in the air as well.

Bettendorf with a small advantage in the fact that they played last game in the dome verse CF. Valley has not been to the dome since 2015.

Looking for a lower scoring first half, feeling each other out some and then some points to get on the board in the 2nd half. I'll take Valley in a tight one, 31-24

4:00 Valley vs Bettendorf

Should be a great game featuring 2 offenses that can flat out put points on the board. Valley leads 4A at 48.09 pts per game. Bettendorf 4th at 39.36. Defensively Valley was # 1 at 9.91 and Bettendorf 5th at 14.45. Only common opponent is CR Kennedy, Valley won at Kennedy 28-14 in week 4 and Bettendorf lost at CRK in week 7 18-28. Bettendorf's other loss was at home to Cedar Falls in a weather delayed game 32-35.

Bey-Buie from Bettendorf has nearly 2,000 yards, 31 td's and a 9.7 ypc average. Valley counters with a 2 headed monster of Mitchell 1256 yards, 19 td's and 10.4 ypc and Williams with 871, 9 and 7.9. Can either defense shut down the running games?

Both teams have gotten solid QB play with Byrne of Bett throwing for 1395 10 td's and 8 picks. Kaetcher has thrown for 1275, 16 and 7. Both teams are capable of beating you in the air as well.

Bettendorf with a small advantage in the fact that they played last game in the dome verse CF. Valley has not been to the dome since 2015.

Looking for a lower scoring first half, feeling each other out some and then some points to get on the board in the 2nd half. I'll take Valley in a tight one, 31-24

I think that Valley handles Bettendorf. I hope not, but Bett had to play a nearly perfect game to beat a CF team that was definitely off last week. Yes, Bett had something to do with that, but even after dominating that game TOP-wise, it wasn't salted away until late.

Reactions: JTFB
I predict a tight game that Valley pulls away late. Harrison Bey-Buie is a great running back but highly doubt he goes for over 125 yards(which don't get me wrong, is a great game but not near what he has been getting lately) vs Valley, Just too strong up front and with the linebackers.

All season Valley has just been too tough and conditioned in late 3rd and 4th quarters which is where they have really been able to separate in tough games, and I see similar happening here.

There is something to be said about Bettendorf having to play a down to the wire game vs CF and Valley breaking the game open in the 3rd quarter, but as they say, anything can happen in the dome.

I think Valley will stuff the Bettendorf WRs and limit the Bulldogs running game. I think Swenson is one of the top coaches in the state along with Wilson from Dowling.

I think Swenson will manage the clock and if they get ahead of Bettendorf the game will be over

Reactions: JTFB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT