ADVERTISEMENT

USA T&F

Jeff Giannettino a junior to be from Burlington Notre Dame is competing in the High Jump. Should be a great learning opportunity for this young man.

Good for him there will be about every college coach in America there and will watch everything he does.
I would never tell the kid this but a great day could be worth a whole lots of money.

Yesterday was a very fun day of watching former Iowa preps.

Houlihan was in the first and fastest of the prelims finishing 5th 2:03.15.

Other Iowa Preps off the top of my head that ran yesterday: Ashley Miller (1500), Meaghan Nelson (10k), Zach Buchheit (5k).

Lisa Koll-Uhl (Ft Dodge/ISU) ran 10k yesterday and will run 5k Sunday.
AG Kruger (Sheldon) won the hammer throw.
Tyler Mulder (Orange City) advanced in the 800m.
Lolo Jones (DSM Roosevelt) advanced to semis in the 100 hurdles and set stadium record with barely record-eligible wind.

Several current preps are running in the juniors division as well.

Jones layed one down tonight and looked like a hurdle goddess running 12.50 for a stadium record. Houlihan ran pretty well and competed to the end running 2:02+. She could have quit after running off the back of the pack but didn't and still got 7th in the semi so at least top 15 in the US as a college soph. Mulder ran from the front and controlled the race in his semi. Sowinski (Wisconsin native Iowa All-American) is a really fun guy to watch as he has a real knack for finding his way through and around traffic. Kruger was by far better than the field again. Don't think he has the "A" standard yet. Always tough for American hammer throwers. Fun event to watch up close. Koll didn't look very good. May have had heat issues or other stuff going on with Ihmels' move etc... Could have just been a rough night. Ethan Holmes was qualified but came away from NCAA's with an injury that kept him from competing at full strength and risked further damage. Pleasant Valley girl ran Jr. 400LH today. I thought Timaunty Jones qualified for Jr. 800. I didn't look at the start list to see if he was even entered. The final was a pretty competitive race.

Should be a pretty good track meet the next couple days. I wish they would hold them in the evening hours to avoid the heat and let the wind settle down but TV rules the day on the weekends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT