ADVERTISEMENT

Upsets in beginning rounds?

mylameusername

Freshman
Mar 1, 2015
Anyone have any upsets to share here?

In 1A, one result that caught me by surprise was Ankeny Christian getting upset by Coon Rapids Bayard. In my mind, I had ACA slated to face Grand View Christian in the district final.

Not sure there will be any upsets but there’s always that chance. Central Lyon vs Western could be a close game if it’s allowed to be physical and CL slows Western down. If that doesn’t happen Western wins by 20.

Reactions: theocia
Nothing major in 2A. A few road teams won, the biggest upset was probably New Hampton over Osage to advance to the district final with a losing record. Overall it looks like there should be some good district championship games with most of the favorites advancing.

Nothing major in 2A. A few road teams won, the biggest upset was probably New Hampton over Osage to advance to the district final with a losing record. Overall it looks like there should be some good district championship games with most of the favorites advancing.
New Hamptons best player Drake Wemark was out most of the year with a football injury. He had 26 in the win last night.

Reactions: atomic87
Coon Rapids will upset GVC. They are peaking at the right time and GVC is due for a let down. GVC chocked last year at this time and it will happen again.

Coon Rapids will upset GVC. They are peaking at the right time and GVC is due for a let down. GVC chocked last year at this time and it will happen again.

Hawk, any particular insight into why a 7-9 Coon Rapids-Bayard squad will upset Grand View Christian?

[/QUOTE
Coon Rapids has to hope for foul trouble on GVC’s big man, otherwise the clock strikes midnight and GVC rolls into substrate by double digits...

Reactions: mylameusername
Mt. Pleasant upset Keokuk and acted like they won the state championship. Didn't know they handed out trophies after first round wins. I can understand the players, but the coaches were running around chest bumping and hugging! LOL

Reactions: mylameusername
Mt. Pleasant upset Keokuk and acted like they won the state championship. Didn't know they handed out trophies after first round wins. I can understand the players, but the coaches were running around chest bumping and hugging! LOL

Ha, sounds funny. Was a close game, but neither squad is that great.
Grinnell over Clear Creek Amana was kind of a stunner to me.

Reactions: HerkyFan4Life

I saw their coaches act like that for a regular season win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT