ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Football Rankings - 9/6

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Add your thoughts by replying to this post now!

Class 4A
1 .) Dowling Catholic 2-0 (Previous: # 1 )
2 .) Southeast Polk 2-0 (Previous: # 3 )
3 .) Cedar Falls 2-0 (Previous: # 4 )
4 .) West Des Moines Valley 1-1 (Previous: # 2 )
5 .) Urbandale 2-0 (Previous: # 6 )
6 .) Waukee 1-1 (Previous: # 8 )
7 .) Ankeny 1-1 (Previous: # 5 )
8 .) Cedar Rapids Washington 2-0 (Previous: # N/R )
9 .) Iowa City West 2-0 (Previous: # N/R )
10 .) Pleasant Valley 2-0 (Previous: # N/R )

What other coverage am I missing by not subscribing?

Top Players by Position (2021)

Quarterbacks - 9/7

Running Backs - 9/8

Fullbacks - 9/9

Wide Receivers - 9/10

Tight Ends - 9/11

Offensive Guards - 9/12

Offensive Tackles - 9/13

In-Season Coverage

New Names 2023 Offense - 9/7

New Names 2023 Defense - 9/8

New Names 2024 Offense - 9/9

New Names 2024 Defense - 9/10

New Names 2021 Offense

New Names 2021 Defense

New Names 2022 Offense

New Names 2022 Defense

Games to Watch - 9/11

Top Performers - 9/12

Not any argument with the teams. Think CF is a little high but given their first two games it’s understandable, besides we can’t have an all CIML top 5....yet.

I don’t really think anyone apart from Dowling has really proven anything yet. They’re the only ones I think that clearly should be above CF right now.

SEP beat the team ranked #6 by double digits.

this isn’t baseball... “double digits” in football isn’t exactly a whooping. It was 11 points. The same margin Dowling beat indianola by week 1 which also isn’t impressive. SEP may very well be awesome and worthy of their ranking but let’s not deem that a proven fact based off an 11 point win over Waukee.

Reactions: CF_93
Looking at the schedule, unless something changes with the IC schools athletic shut down, CF will have two open weeks coming up (along with other opponents in MVC). Haven’t looked at how the DSM shut down is going to effect CIML school schedules. We may end up seeing some short notice MVC vs CIML games.

Looking at the schedule, unless something changes with the IC schools athletic shut down, CF will have two open weeks coming up (along with other opponents in MVC). Haven’t looked at how the DSM shut down is going to effect CIML school schedules. We may end up seeing some short notice MVC vs CIML games.

do you (or anyone else) know if there is an Iowa rule on number of practices a team might have to get in before being allowed to play a game after a certain period of shutdown? “Such as after 10 days of no practice you must have 4 days of practice before a game can be played.“ I’ve seen this elsewhere and if so a team with say a week 5 game (almost 3 weeks away) against a shutdown opponent would need them back to practice a week sooner than the game... in other words they couldn’t come out of the shutdown at the last minute and play. Where I’ve seen it, it is deemed a safety issue and they want the players re-acclimated before the game. In that circumstance it was programs shutdown during a teacher strike and the strike had to end in time to get so many practices in or they would miss that next game.

That’s what the CF radio guys were talking about last week too. Those teams that were supposed to play against the IC/DM metro teams will likely end up playing each other.

(update 11 SEP) They said a couple days ago now that Dubuque Hempstead will play @ CF in week 4, filling the vacated week formerly held by IC Liberty. Hempstead was supposed to have played @ ICW.

Last edited:
Yeah these temporary shut downs are yet another unintended consequence of the Covid reaction debacle. Not sure what or if there’s a rule concerning time off and then resumption of play for schools but clearly if a FB team takes several weeks off in the middle of the season and then resumes play, you’d have to believe their edge has dulled. When this season started I assumed there would be games canceled due to a team having player(s) test positive (just as was experienced with baseball) but an entire district stopping athletics because of going to remote learning???

Yeah these temporary shut downs are yet another unintended consequence of the Covid reaction debacle. Not sure what or if there’s a rule concerning time off and then resumption of play for schools but clearly if a FB team takes several weeks off in the middle of the season and then resumes play, you’d have to believe their edge has dulled. When this season started I assumed there would be games canceled due to a team having player(s) test positive (just as was experienced with baseball) but an entire district stopping athletics because of going to remote learning???
This is what happens when adults can't decide what restaurant they want to eat at for supper..........

Week 4?
1) SEP
2) Urbandale
3) Dowling
4) Waukee
5) Valley
6) Ankeny
7) Johnston
8) ICW
9) PV
10) CRW/CRP/CF

Last edited: