ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Football Rankings - 9/20

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Add your thoughts by replying to this post now!

Class 3A
1 .) Cedar Rapids Xavier 4-0 (Previous: # 1 )
2 .) Lewis Central 4-0 (Previous: # 2 )
3 .) Davenport Assumption 4-0 (Previous: # 3 )
4 .) Washington 4-0 (Previous: # 4 )
5 .) Harlan 4-0 (Previous: # 6 )
6 .) North Scott 2-1 (Previous: # 5 )
7 .) Dallas Center-Grimes 3-0 (Previous: # 7 )
8 .) Sergeant Bluff-Luton 3-1 (Previous: # 8 )
9 .) Webster City 4-0 (Previous: # 9 )
10 .) Glenwood 3-1 (Previous: # 10 )

Decorah should be in at #10 at 4-0 with wins over a ranked 2A Waukon team as well as a very solid West Delaware team.

I thought the same thing with Decorah, but then I wondered which one of those 10 teams they would beat, I could see them beating just about any of them, but losing to all of them as well.

I thought the same thing with Decorah, but then I wondered which one of those 10 teams they would beat, I could see them beating just about any of them, but losing to all of them as well.
I'd put then in over the current 3-1 Glenwood team at #10. It's a very good top 10 with an extremely tough top 5.

Odd not seeing pella or Grinnell there too, they can beat a lot of teams and can play with some of the top 10, even beat them

I really think that this is the most wide open 3A has been in a while, I think there could be over 10 teams with a shot at winning the title.

Xavier's offense is a good one this year, but defensively they're not as lights-out as they have been in recent years. They give up long drives at the start of games (all four games so far, with three of them resulting in scores).

Grinnell is just nuts offensively. Averaging well over 500 yards per game, putting up 80 points on Oskaloosa last week, that's just crazy. Defensively they've given up a lot of yards, but I imagine plenty of that has come with games out of reach.

Harlan beat Grinnell, of course, so they've got a good squad. Dallas Center-Grimes as well, and Lewis Central is always good. Assumption has a good team this year, I'll be interested to see what they do against Cedar Rapids Washington Saturday. West Delaware and Decorah are also pretty powerful this year, and Washington is darn good.

If everybody hangs in there health-wise into the playoffs, on the east side there's going to be some pretty good matchups eventually with Xavier, West Delaware, North Scott, Assumption, Decorah, Washington ...

Webster city is a top 10 team, and with its youth will be for several years! Will be better each of the next couple years.
The Humbolt and Ballard Scores indicate differently. Beating an unranked opponent by 1 and only putting up only 8 points on them and then only beating another unranked opponent by only 1 TD speaks volumes. Xavier, LC, Harlan, DCG etc would have hung 50 on both Ballard and Humbolt.

Reactions: stickman80
The Humbolt and Ballard Scores indicate differently. Beating an unranked opponent by 1 and only putting up only 8 points on them and then only beating another unranked opponent by only 1 TD speaks volumes. Xavier, LC, Harlan, DCG etc would have hung 50 on both Ballard and Humbolt.
Fair point. Still all 5 wins by WC this year have been over undefeated opponents at the time they played. Haven’t checked scores tonight, but only loss by first 4 opponents was Carroll’s loss to Lewis Central (other than their losses to the Lynx). Wc beat Carroll 55-0. Regardless of top 10 or not, great start for WC and should be very good the next few years.

harlans defense have saved this team in many games this year, otherwise they would have a couple of losses...the cyclone offense is young, 4 srs on it. the achillis heel of this team is penalities....penalities will do this team in sooner or later

Fair point. Still all 5 wins by WC this year have been over undefeated opponents at the time they played. Haven’t checked scores tonight, but only loss by first 4 opponents was Carroll’s loss to Lewis Central (other than their losses to the Lynx). Wc beat Carroll 55-0. Regardless of top 10 or not, great start for WC and should be very good the next few years.
I'm not finding any live streams for WC so I will hold my opinion. I oughtn't judge a team that I've never seen. Does WC Livestream games.? I've been able to watch most of everyone else because they live stream their games. Watched Grinnell vs Benton last night. Looks like Grinnell has hit a rut...their QB went down int he 1st half and they went 1 dimensional...zero pass attempts the whole second half. They have their hands full this week vs Xavier.

I'm not finding any live streams for WC so I will hold my opinion. I oughtn't judge a team that I've never seen. Does WC Livestream games.? I've been able to watch most of everyone else because they live stream their games. Watched Grinnell vs Benton last night. Looks like Grinnell has hit a rut...their QB went down int he 1st half and they went 1 dimensional...zero pass attempts the whole second half. They have their hands full this week vs Xavier.

Yes, Webster City streams all there games. With the revised “Covid Schedule “ they host 5 of 7 games. Just google “YouTube webster city football “ and you’ll find it. Below is a link to the mason city game from last night. It appears they only leave the old games up for a few days.

i been lucky, watched all of harlans games livestream down here in phoenix,,,,they are in 4k believe , some of the best clarity in video i have ever seen, and that includes tv...also watched webster city, grinell , oskaloosa, carroll, and thanks for streaming video

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT