ADVERTISEMENT

Updated Football Rankings - 8/30

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Add your thoughts by replying to this post now!

Class A
1 .) Wapsie Valley 1-0 (Previous: # 1 )
2 .) Saint Ansgar 1-0 (Previous: # 2 )
3 .) Grundy Center 1-0 (Previous: # 4 )
4 .) Nodaway Valley 1-0 (Previous: # 6 )
5 .) Edgewood-Colesburg 1-0 (Previous: # 9 )
6 .) Iowa City Regina 0-1 (Previous: # 3 )
7 .) Alburnett 1-0 (Previous: # N/R )
8 .) Lake Mills 1-0 (Previous: # N/R )
9 .) Bellevue 1-0 (Previous: # N/R )
10 .) Tri-Center 1-0 (Previous: # N/R )

-------------------------------------

What other coverage am I missing by not subscribing?

Top Players by Position (2021)

Quarterbacks - 9/7

Running Backs - 9/8

Fullbacks - 9/9

Wide Receivers - 9/10

Tight Ends - 9/11

Offensive Guards - 9/12

Offensive Tackles - 9/13

In-Season Coverage

New Names 2023 Offense - 9/7

New Names 2023 Defense - 9/8

New Names 2024 Offense - 9/9

New Names 2024 Defense - 9/10

New Names 2021 Offense

New Names 2021 Defense

New Names 2022 Offense

New Names 2022 Defense

Games to Watch - 9/11

Top Performers - 9/12

With everyone making the playoffs, the rankings wont matter , so there's that.

I do think an elite Regina team wouldnt have lost handily to PV though. They may win A , as many have predicted. But I dont think it will be a cakewalk once the playoffs get going in earnest.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
It will be a challenge for Regina. But, they will have a lot of talent on the field at the same time.
Somebody will have to be able to score with them. Because I just don’t see many teams slowing them down on the offensive end.
I don’t think many teams in class A or 1A would have fared any better against PV.
Regals lost to 3A Xavier last year 35-0 and still made it to the Dome. PV got them by 32.

It will be a challenge for Regina. But, they will have a lot of talent on the field at the same time.
Somebody will have to be able to score with them. Because I just don’t see many teams slowing them down on the offensive end.
I don’t think many teams in class A or 1A would have fared any better against PV.
Regals lost to 3A Xavier last year 35-0 and still made it to the Dome. PV got them by 32.
Lol

The other wild card here is which teams can stay COVID free. These quarantine rules are ridiculous and will wreak havoc on teams. Iowa City, being in more of a population center, may have a higher risk of exposure. Sucks, but may boil down to who can isolate themselves best over the next 10 weeks or so :-( This fear of "it can end at anytime" is just a very odd time! I guess the young men are getting a whole new appreciation for the privilege of being able to play football. Best of luck all!

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
IMO after watching both week 1 games. Itll come down to Saint Albert VS Regina in a game where whoever is mistake free brings home the title

Alburnett is not a top 10 team. And did you all forget Grundy Center last year in the dome? Gave the Fearsome Beasts all they could handle in teh championship game and beat Wapsie and St. Ansgar in the playoffs if I remember correctly... but I also must agree that Regina is a top 3 team no matter what the PV score was. Too many weapons and not a single weak link in the offense. It'll be interesting to see who can even match up with Wick this year. He's impressive!

Reactions: IGo42
Alburnett is not a top 10 team. And did you all forget Grundy Center last year in the dome? Gave the Fearsome Beasts all they could handle in teh championship game and beat Wapsie and St. Ansgar in the playoffs if I remember correctly... but I also must agree that Regina is a top 3 team no matter what the PV score was. Too many weapons and not a single weak link in the offense. It'll be interesting to see who can even match up with Wick this year. He's impressive!
You are wrong on the Wapsie Valley game. They played last year last game of the year with Wapsie by the 4th quarter was on their 4th strong running back lol. Game went into over time 17-14. Also very questionable call at the end that game that cost Wapsie the game. Grundy is real deal don’t think I’m saying they are not. I think there is 5 teams that are title contenders Grundy being one.

You are wrong on the Wapsie Valley game. They played last year last game of the year with Wapsie by the 4th quarter was on their 4th strong running back lol. Game went into over time 17-14. Also very questionable call at the end that game that cost Wapsie the game. Grundy is real deal don’t think I’m saying they are not. I think there is 5 teams that are title contenders Grundy being one.
Thanks Panther. I should of taken the time to go back and look at quikstats for last year... Apparently my memory is not as good as it used to be! I agree, Grundy didn't dominate in many of their later games, but found ways to win. Even Belle Plaine and Hudson gave them a run for their money. They'll be a tough out this year as will Wapsie. Even Ed-Co can give some teams trouble with their incredible speed. Injuries are always a concern, but now with COVID, there's more uncertainty to who will be contenders at the end. I'm not sure we can crown anybody just yet. But that's what makes it fun!

Here is what I have, I think that top 10 are going to be hard this year to truly put out.

1. Regina (lost to a 4A team, probably the only class A team that would even play the game)
2. Grundy Center
3. St. Ansgar
4. Wapsie Valley
5. Ed-Co
6. St. Albert
7. MFL Mar Mac
8. South Winn
9. Bellevue
10. Lake Mills

Next few: Lisbon, SW Valley, Tri Center

Reactions: Zowwy21 and IGo42
I agree with PNation. This looks much more realistic than the original post IMO. Only change I would make is to throw West Hancock and Lisbon in there somewhere between 6-10 and bump Bellevue and Lake Mills out of the Top 10.

Last edited:
IMO after watching both week 1 games. Itll come down to Saint Albert VS Regina in a game where whoever is mistake free brings home the title

St. Albert lost 28-7 to Logan Magnolia? I thought you said they were a title contender?! Pretty sure Regina, Grundy and Wapsie would smash St. Albert if they lose by 3 scores to LM. Waiting on a good excuse....again....

Reactions: Yep22
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT