ADVERTISEMENT

Up, up and awayyy, my beautiful….

Reasoned

All District
Oct 25, 2017
Balloon?
spy-balloon-closeup-ht-jt-230202_1675380527670_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

So the ChiComs are allowed to float a freaking balloon over our air space….. we’re such 🐱’s

I actually agree that we should be careful shooting this down.

Chinese spy satellites can see everything that this balloon can see. So why float it over the heartland at 100k feet?

I doubt the "dangerous pathogens" narrative as that could easily be an act of war as well as a war crime. Much more likely imho, (humble stressed in this case) is that it's designed to measure our response and our capabilities to engage a threat at that altitude.

Better to monitor it, learn more about it and not show our capabilities. Of course this admin blew that by looking confused and incapable. If they had merely come out confidently as said, "We've known about it and are gaining Intel on it as we speak. If we felt it necessary, we would have shot it down upon discovery but we don't believe it's necessary or in our national interests to provide Beijing with a display of our capabilities."

Frame it that way and we look capable and in charge while the CCP looks ridiculous for using 85 year old spy technology.

Reactions: Bill_D

Chinese spy satellites can see everything that this balloon can see. So why float it over the heartland at 100k feet?

I doubt the "dangerous pathogens" narrative as that could easily be an act of war as well as a war crime. Much more likely imho, (humble stressed in this case) is that it's designed to measure our response and our capabilities to engage a threat at that altitude.

Better to monitor it, learn more about it and not show our capabilities. Of course this admin blew that by looking confused and incapable. If they had merely come out confidently as said, "We've known about it and are gaining Intel on it as we speak. If we felt it necessary, we would have shot it down upon discovery but we don't believe it's necessary or in our national interests to provide Beijing with a display of our capabilities."

Frame it that way and we look capable and in charge while the CCP looks ridiculous for using 85 year old spy technology.
“Not show our capabilities”. So you mean just run a vanilla offense?

Yeah, I very much doubt this contraption is gathering anything new for the ChiComs. Let’s be honest, their clandestine intelligence assets are significant and everywhere. I mean, we know for certain they have infiltrated our industries, universities and even our government (remember Sen Feinstein’s driver or Swalwell’s “Fang Fang”)

Make a huge slingshot, which is as basic as it comes. Shoot Biden at the balloon. Gravity eventually wins.

“Not show our capabilities”. So you mean just run a vanilla offense?

No, I mean bluff if we have to.

Shooting down a balloon at that altitude is difficult for many reasons.

1. Not many weapons have the reach

2. The weapons that do tend to not be effective vs a balloon. A balloon appears as chaffe, or a decoy, and missiles are designed to avoid them. Also, the air is thin at that altitude so those missiles aren't very maneuverable.

3. If we can shoot it down and we do, we merely show them how we would.

4. If we attempt to and fail, it emboldens the Chinese and embarrasses the US.

Best guess...this is China deciding if they could float hundreds of EMP's into our airspace in a possible future war to see how and if we could defend ourselves from it. I think the answer is, as of now, we cannot.

2. The weapons that do tend to not be effective vs a balloon. A balloon appears as chaffe, or a decoy, and missiles are designed to avoid them. Also, the air is thin at that altitude so those missiles aren't very maneuverable.

Best guess...this is China deciding if they could float hundreds of EMP's into our airspace in a possible future war to see how and if we could defend ourselves from it. I think the answer is, as of now, we cannot.
We should get revenge on those fvcking assholes. Make our own balloon and equip it with the best speakers we can. Have Camel Toe's laugh playing on a constant loop and float that fvcking thing right over their polluted shitty country. They'll all kill themselves and we win a war without firing a shot. I'll even contribute to the statue of Biden, especially if his administration is tied to it and it's dropped in the ocean.

We should get revenge on those fvcking assholes. Make our own balloon and equip it with the best speakers we can. Have Camel Toe's laugh playing on a constant loop and float that fvcking thing right over their polluted shitty country. They'll all kill themselves and we win a war without firing a shot. I'll even contribute to the statue of Biden, especially if his administration is tied to it and it's dropped in the ocean.

It pisses me off too. It's an absolute slap in the face. Fvck the Chinese and fvck this administration for not being more clever in its response.

Best bet at that altitude is probably an F-22 with a modified weapons pod sporting the LANCE laser system- get within 2 miles and pop the ballon. I know the AF started receiving the LANCE last July for test runs in wing pods

Reactions: BamaFan1137
That balloon is over the Charlotte area right now, and my son and I can see it. That pisses me off even more now.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
They have the advantage of not giving a fvck. They’d shoot it down immediately regardless of where it was.

Question: What other nation would allow the US to do this? Would Russia? Would China?
If the US wanted to float a balloon over another country, who would stop us? They can shoot it down, they can complain “strenuously”….. but that’s about it…. We are a fight nobody wants

Russia is collapsing as a world power as their entire system of graft and laziness has shown they’re a paper bear. Europe has no central vision or collective set of balls ….. it’s really down to China and the US for real powers. I don’t blame China for doing this, I blame Biden for looking so weak
About it early

If the US wanted to float a balloon over another country, who would stop us? They can shoot it down, they can complain “strenuously”….. but that’s about it…. We are a fight nobody wants

Russia is collapsing as a world power as their entire system of graft and laziness has shown they’re a paper bear. Europe has no central vision or collective set of balls ….. it’s really down to China and the US for real powers. I don’t blame China for doing this, I blame Biden for looking so weak
About it early
Good points. Since Gator won't answer anyway, I'll go ahead and answer my own question. I'm confident that Russia or China would knock ours out of the sky. Meanwhile ice cream Joe fvcked around until it was over the Atlantic before doing anything. I'm sure at the behest of our overlords in Beijing.

Good points. Since Gator won't answer anyway, I'll go ahead and answer my own question. I'm confident that Russia or China would knock ours out of the sky. Meanwhile ice cream Joe fvcked around until it was over the Atlantic before doing anything. I'm sure at the behest of our overlords in Beijing.
Biden had to do something, the spot polls said Americans generally were outraged…..

But I bet he apologized in the back channels

Balloon?
spy-balloon-closeup-ht-jt-230202_1675380527670_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

So the ChiComs are allowed to float a freaking balloon over our air space….. we’re such 🐱’s
Define allowed?

Do you know anything about Malmstron AFB? ( I know you don’t because you are a cult moron). Just south of the Canadian border. FYI there are about 150 ICBM silos there. It is the most protected and electronically secure military base in the world.

The anti -surveillance capabilities there were designed to blind spy plane and satellite optics with lasers and jam communications with focused EMP and microwave beams 23k miles up . This is so hostile satellites don’t know when the ICBM doors open for launch readiness

That balloon payload became a brick once it crossed the Canadian border … so it was allowed to drift on the jet stream out to the coast . It was important to salvage as much hardware as possible to determine the surveillance capabilities and if the countermeasures worked as expected.

If they blow it up over land ( as the cult was advocating) debris is scattered over miles and can never be reassembled .

Splashing it off the coast was pure genius. Again you are not knowledgeable enough to carry on a conversation on this topic- so I won’t.

Such a fvcking dumbass.

• Haha
Reactions: Pops Masterson
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT