ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday night scores

GLR 26 - 23 HMS half.
Mauldin with 11, Haken with 4.
Two freshmen from HMS with solid games to start.

Mauldin beginning to take over, but HMS won’t go away. 22 for him. 9 for Haken.

after 3 GLR 42 - 35 HMS

Monticello over Cascade 52-33
Forest City over Osage 51-50 in OT
North Linn over Dike NH 79-73
West Burlington over West Branch 44-43
Camanche over Williamsburg 65-46

West Sioux 83 Cherokee 66
West Lyon 68 Okoboji 63
South Central Calhoun 62 SouthEast Valley 47
George-Little Rock 59 HMS 44

HLP’s point guard I believe his number is 1 had a great game
Bubba Sohn who's on my podcasts AAU team this summer drops 26. There a very top 2 heavy team but honestly that's what most 1A teams ar . What's different with them is their one of the smallest schools in the state so they don't have much help around Sohn and Ihnen

Waco loses to New London, huge 4th quarter brings them ahead to win 60-52. Freshman Blaise Porter is a name to watch, dropped 27 and 19 in the 4th. They will play Pekin who beat the brakes off Burlington Notre Dame, up 50-14 at half. Final was 65-32 with running clock

Reactions: Anonymous111
Watched the Newell game tonight. Press and playing that hard for them not actually being good at defense was there worst enemy. Got blown by, back door cut, easy layups on the press. Had they backed the press off and played half court defense they would’ve won by 15-20. But very nice win by H-L-P and well deserved. Will be interesting to see how much garrigan beats them by.

Watched the Newell game tonight. Press and playing that hard for them not actually being good at defense was there worst enemy. Got blown by, back door cut, easy layups on the press. Had they backed the press off and played half court defense they would’ve won by 15-20. But very nice win by H-L-P and well deserved. Will be interesting to see how much garrigan beats them by.
N-F boys are copying the girls model of pressing teams into oblivion with constant ball-chasing and on-the-ball pressure. It's gonna take some time for them to master that tactic......

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Would have helped in the ACA/GVC game... Nowhere near the level of stalling as last years 1A championship debacle but still had an impact. Take nothing away from ACA though, it was a great game, and they wanted it more.
A shot clock is not being brought in for both boys and girls basketball to eliminate one small aspect of the game.

A shot clock is not being brought in for both boys and girls basketball to eliminate one small aspect of the game.

I don't disagree as long as it remains a seldom used strategy by a small number of coaches - which to your point is currently a small aspect of the game.
IF it becomes more common and starts to become a regular occurrence on the big stage (State Tournament) I just wonder how long the Association will allow it. No HS basketball fan wants to attend the State Tournament to watch 3 quarters (sometimes less) of basketball and a game of keep-away for the final 8 minutes.

I don't disagree as long as it remains a seldom used strategy by a small number of coaches - which to your point is currently a small aspect of the game.
IF it becomes more common and starts to become a regular occurrence on the big stage (State Tournament) I just wonder how long the Association will allow it. No HS basketball fan wants to attend the State Tournament to watch 3 quarters (sometimes less) of basketball and a game of keep-away for the final 8 minutes.
It will only become common if many coaches buy into the idea that they really think that's the only way they can win a State playoff game, or Championship.

Fortunately, most haven't yet..........They still tend to rely on who and what they already are that got them to that point.

Reactions: DM8SChamps
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT