ADVERTISEMENT

Top 2 in each District?

IGo42

Freshman
Sep 10, 2019
Who would be your top 2 in each Class A district? I don't know western Iowa as well as I know the eastern half so I'll just list the ones I feel confident about.

District 3
#1 St Ansgar- perrenial power, hard to stop that offense
#2 North Butler- could be wrong, but they played in 1A last year and have nearly the whole team back so they could contend for runner up

District 4
#1 Wapsie Valley (very good skill guys coming back QB, RB, WRs, will they have the line?)
#2 South Winn or MFL (SW has more returning starters but MFL has turned the program around, could be a toss up on this one)
*Any of these three could win the district if they stay healthy

District 5
#1 EdCo (Rochford, Hansel, Kirby all back, should be the team to beat)
#2 Maq Valley (started playing tough second half of last season and return a good nucleus)
*North Linn could very well be in the mix for this one too, but lose Miller and Becker who were very good.

District 6
#1 Regina (Cook, Kolie and the other 50 kids on their roster give them depth that other class A teams will find difficult to compete with)
#2 Lisbon (big & physical up front with many starters returning, but probably not skilled enough to beat Regina)

District 7
#1 Grundy Center (hands down the best in this district, return many including 1st AllState QB)
#2 Belle Plaine (North Tama and Belle Plaine both graduate a lot I believe, but NT is getting a new coach so I'll stick with Belle Plaine as #2

Last edited:
I'm also better with the eastern half but will try to do the west side as well.

District 1
1. Gehlen- The were young last year and actually beat the champ in their district
2. Lawton Bronson- Not really who to put here, and they always seem to win quite a few games year in and out

District 2
1. West Hancock- Lose quite a bit but actually return a 1000 yard rusher and 5 of their top 7 tacklers
2. Garrigan- Going solely on program tradition with them here

District 3
1. Saint Ansgar- Another team that lost a stud, but return quite a few pieces and the program tradition there is outstanding
2. Lake Mills- 1A drop down that was junior dominate and somewhat competitive although it was the weakest 1A district, North Butler wasn't competitive and I actually think Clarksville contributed more then most would realize, Newman could surprise some people with a young nucleus

District 4
1. South Winn- The kid they have returning at QB is a stud, and they did beat Wapsie last year
2. Wapsie- Wouldn't be surprised if they ended up taking the district both of the top two teams are great small school programs, I have always heard that MFL's going to be junior class was their best class, but they still lost some really good production from the graduating class

District 5
1. EdCo- I agree with everything you said, at the A level that talent can take you along way
2. Bellevue- Finished 2nd in a 1A district and have been a solid program over the last decade

District 6
1. Regina- Really strong team in a really weak district
2. Lisbon- They really haven't been the same since Coach Allison left but they appear to have the pieces to be playoff contending

District 7
1. Grundy Center- Probably a top 2 team in the state with Regina
2. North Tama- You are correct with having a new coach, but I wouldn't be surprised if Coach McDermott still helped with the program some, Belle Plaine should be solid though as well

District 8 (Truly not sure what to do with this district)
1. Earlham- They don't return much, but they were a quarterfinal team last year
2. Ogden- They beat two of the other teams in the district, overall this district does not appear to have much

District 9
1. St Albert- Return a nice nucleus could contend for the dome
2. Tri-Center- Playoff team from last year, but do have to replace some talent

District 10
1. Woodbury Central- Dome team from last year that returns their quarterback
2. IKM-M- Traditionally strong program that returns quite a bit from a playoff team

Reactions: IGo42
District 1
1. Gehlen. 2. South OB

District 2.
1. West Hancock 2. Alta
West Hancock reloads.
Garrigan has questions to answer. Typically they do. We shall see.

District 3.
1. Lake Mills 2. Newman Catholic
Lake Mills has dominant senior class. They can contend for deep playoff run. Newman has some some young dudes that missed time last year. STA on outside looking in.

District 4.
1. South Winn 2. Wapsie.
South Winn will throw it all over the field. Wapsie has speed. Toughest overall District. MFL is odd team out.

District 5.
1. EDCO 2. N Linn
Rochford is really good

District 6.
1. Regina 2. Lisbon
Regina coming down a class. Lisbon should step up this season

District 7.
1. Grundy 2. BP
We will see how Grundy performs when they are the hunted. Are they ready to take the step up to consistent powerhouse? They have several pieces in place.

District 8.
1. Earlham 2. Ogden
Earlham loses a bunch but return a couple of dudes.

District 9.
1. Tri Center 2. St. Albert
Need to see St. Albert actually beat a good team. Maybe they win district.

District 10.
1. Woodbury 2. IKM
Really good QB at Woodbury. Need to be more physical to contend for dome.

Last edited:
District 1.
1. Gehlen 2. South OB
Lawton has to replace good coach

District 2.
1. West Hancock 2. Alta
West Hancock reloads.
Garrigan has questions to answer. Typically they do. We shall see.

District 3.
1. Lake Mills 2. Newman Catholic
Lake Mills has dominant senior class. They can contend for deep playoff run. Newman has some some young dudes that missed time last year. STA on outside looking in.

District 4.
1. South Winn 2. Wapsie.
South Winn will throw it all over the field. Wapsie has speed. Toughest overall District. MFL is odd team out.

District 5.
1. EDCO 2. N Linn
Rochford is really good

District 6.
1. Regina 2. Lisbon
Regina coming down a class. Lisbon should step up this season

District 7.
1. Grundy 2. BP
We will see how Grundy performs when they are the hunted. Are they ready to take the step up to consistent powerhouse? They have several pieces in place.

District 8.
1. Earlham 2. Ogden
Earlham loses a bunch but return a couple of dudes.

District 9.
1. Tri Center 2. St. Albert
Need to see St. Albert actually beat a good team. Maybe they win district.

District 10.
1. Woodbury 2. IKM
Really good QB at Woodbury. Need to be more physical to contend for dome.

Hadn't seen Lawton on the discussion about coaching openings. Got some inside information?

My bad on Lawton coach. I was thinking of the old coach that just went to Heelan.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT