ADVERTISEMENT

Time for Change

Sep 20, 2019
If Heelan loses to Sioux City West tonight and goes 0-4 time for major changes within the football program. Northwest Iowa football in 3A and 4A is a joke and losing to these programs is a disgrace.

If Heelan loses to Sioux City West tonight and goes 0-4 time for major changes within the football program. Northwest Iowa football in 3A and 4A is a joke and losing to these programs is a disgrace.

Everyone knows, if you want change you make damn sure your user name states who to fire. Relax, it's just football. Heelan will undoubtably rebound, just probably not this year. Programs all over are hurting for numbers, Heelan is the same.

Reactions: JansenMustGo
Everyone knows, if you want change you make damn sure your user name states who to fire. Relax, it's just football. Heelan will undoubtably rebound, just probably not this year. Programs all over are hurting for numbers, Heelan is the same.

Football is a way of life at Heelan. One of the States most storied programs. Until recent years no one at Heelan would stop and get gas in LeMars, Denison, Sergeant Bluff, Storm Lake, Spencer these programs are beneath the rich history and superior talent and blood lines of the Heelan elite.

Just curious. What are you looking for in the Heelan football coaching staff?

Is it a win first mentality?

Reactions: JansenMustGo
Football is a way of life at Heelan. One of the States most storied programs. Until recent years no one at Heelan would stop and get gas in LeMars, Denison, Sergeant Bluff, Storm Lake, Spencer these programs are beneath the rich history and superior talent and blood lines of the Heelan elite.

Hearing about their current numbers in junior high and Freshman football, it is not a way of life. 5 years ago they had 30 freshman, now they can barely get 20 kids out. Until they figure how to nurture and grow their JH and Freshman programs they will be second or even third fiddle to teams that used to be firmly under their boot.

Those programs you have mentioned are on the rise with coaching staffs that develop their youth and get them involved. Not having been around the Heelan community in a while I am guessing more and more kids are playing basketball, baseball and soccer year round giving football a pass.

Just curious. What are you looking for in the Heelan football coaching staff?

Is it a win first mentality?

Come on, Yes it is win first? Opposed to what playing the right way and losing and getting embarrassed on the field? What a joke. Only losers say win first mentality. You can have class and teach life lessons and dominate and win all at once. Losing does not = doing things right nor does winning mean you are doing it at all costs.

Hearing about their current numbers in junior high and Freshman football, it is not a way of life. 5 years ago they had 30 freshman, now they can barely get 20 kids out. Until they figure how to nurture and grow their JH and Freshman programs they will be second or even third fiddle to teams that used to be firmly under their boot.

Those programs you have mentioned are on the rise with coaching staffs that develop their youth and get them involved. Not having been around the Heelan community in a while I am guessing more and more kids are playing basketball, baseball and soccer year round giving football a pass.

Sounds like you are up on the Junior High and youth numbers and sounds like a problem.

I actually feel as though football is declining with the youth in popularity. It’s a violent game that requires toughness which our youth lack. I love the game and loved playing it, but I hope it does not become banned all together.

My dad was on my school's school board years ago. At the time, he predicted schools might decide not to offer it at some point due to the increasing liability insurance costs. We arent there yet, but might be.

I actually feel as though football is declining with the youth in popularity. It’s a violent game that requires toughness which our youth lack. I love the game and loved playing it, but I hope it does not become banned all together.

This is off topic I believe but I'm going to said this from a point of a family member. Who is a Minnesota high school coach. He always said to me the school, parents, and kids needs get behind a coach if you have all that you will have a good sport teams. That's what make a coach stay at a school. If he doesn't have one of them it's going to make your high school team bad. He doesn't have fan support if he doesn't fan support. He doesn't have schools Support, if he doesn't have kids support. He won't have enough kids out for the sports he coaching. H
That's when coaches leave they don't have enough support from the communities. They go either to a better supported community then their old one.

It all on the community to support a that's how you get more kid's and the coach to stay. They will be willing to stay longer if they have all support from the community.

That's all I have to say.

This is off topic I believe but I'm going to said this from a point of a family member. Who is a Minnesota high school coach. He always said to me the school, parents, and kids needs get behind a coach if you have all that you will have a good sport teams. That's what make a coach stay at a school. If he doesn't have one of them it's going to make your high school team bad. He doesn't have fan support if he doesn't fan support. He doesn't have schools Support, if he doesn't have kids support. He won't have enough kids out for the sports he coaching. H
That's when coaches leave they don't have enough support from the communities. They go either to a better supported community then their old one.

It all on the community to support a that's how you get more kid's and the coach to stay. They will be willing to stay longer if they have all support from the community.

That's all I have to say.

Sounds like your family member coach is a loser.

Sounds like your family member coach is a loser.
The only loser right now is Heelan, week after week after week.....guarantee a coaching change would make no difference on this years team. Maybe moving forward, hard to say, but this year not a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT