ADVERTISEMENT

This place still open for business? Nm

Slow this time of year. I’ve got a call on my calendar with my buddy that‘s on LSU’s staff, so I’ll let everyone know what he tells me.

Other than that, we’ll have to wait for @IrishPokerDog to rant about being ousted early from the SEC tourney.
Lots of stuff going on within your own four walls these days.

I have a lot of friends who are "done with Fireball." It's never really treated me poorly but apparently it's a real bitch to everyone else.

• Haha
Reactions: billywayneluck
The key to fireball is to start your night with it, not get knee deep in it as the night goes on.

Couple rounds of it to kick off a night, good decision. A few rounds of it at 2am? Very bad decision.

Shots of Rumple Minze late at night is even a worse decision though.

The key to fireball is to start your night with it, not get knee deep in it as the night goes on.

Couple rounds of it to kick off a night, good decision. A few rounds of it at 2am? Very bad decision.

I like rumple better than fireball. But if I’m shooting something my preference is a good tequila.

• Wow
Reactions: BamaFan1137

Truth.

I hear you...but I struggle to say those two words together after an unfortunate event in my youth.

Same, and unfortunately 17 years later it has still ruined tequila for me.

First time I ever got drunk was freshman year of college. 14 shots of Jose Cuervo I think it was. Never again.

I’ve had one shot of it since. A buddy convinced me that “good tequila” was totally different, so he bought me a shot of patron one night. I think the place was called Kennedy’s bar in downtown Tuscaloosa, in 2010. It took everything I had not to blow chunks all over those dart boards.

Same, and unfortunately 17 years later it has still ruined tequila for me.

First time I ever got drunk was freshman year of college. 14 shots of Jose Cuervo I think it was. Never again.

I’ve had one shot of it since. A buddy convinced me that “good tequila” was totally different, so he bought me a shot of patron one night. I think the place was called Kennedy’s bar in downtown Tuscaloosa, in 2010. It took everything I had not to blow chunks all over those dart boards.

I peed on my date. Yep...pissed on her. 🤷‍♂️

I peed on my date. Yep...pissed on her. 🤷‍♂️

OK, you win 😆

4834d2432f620d9f0c8d4ab8ad966b01.gif

Drunk off my ass, I walked away from her in a parking lot. As I was walking away I decided I needed to pee. At the time it seemed reasonable.

Worried that I would walk into traffic or get lost somehow, she ran after me and turned me around abruptly by my shoulder. Yep, I pissed all over her. Shoes, pants, shirt and purse.

In my defense she clearly reacted slowly to what was happening. Did I mention that this was our first date? Crazy enough, we dated for about a year...no more water sports, however.

It was also her doing that I was that drunk on tequila. We played quarters with tequila and that bitch was a fkn sniper.

• Haha
Reactions: dhetiger
So I was working PT for a friend who has a liquor store last year... in walks our Tequila supplier FROM MEXICO CITY. Seriously Mexican... dark hair, bad English, dark skin... been in the tequila business 26 years. He could get us every brand we sell, so he doesn't care what sells the best.
Seeing he doesn't have a dog in the fight and has 26 years of experience, I asked him to tell me what he thought the BEST tequila in the $50 range we had (out of probably 75)? Points to Cuervo and says 'we call that gasoline in Mexico'... proceeds to point out almost every 'well-known' brand (Cazadores, Casimigos, Herradura, Don Julio, etc... you name it) and says that is all marketing.
Gets to one and says 'this is the best you have in this store'... Maestro Dobel Reposado Diamante. I was surprised until I bought one and took it home. Amazing.

I have told this story to 20 people and they all came back and thanked me when they bought their 2nd, 3rd, etc... bottle.
Maestro-Dobel-Diamante-Reposado-Tequila_720x.jpg

So THEN I say 'OK... what is 2nd best'? Again, he spends 5 min looking... points to this one...

Siete-Leguas-Reposado-Tequila_720x.png

Both are absolutely delicious... you heard it here.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT