ADVERTISEMENT

The New Trophies?

Drake_Mallard

Freshman
Oct 5, 2007
Can't believe nobody has said anything. They are saving a little money on the new trophies, and they are absolutely ugly! It really is a shame to save a few bucks to go away from the traditional trophies. Not a fan at all.

I could not agree with you any more. There was nothing "wrong" with the old trophies. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Originally posted by Drake_Mallard:
Can't believe nobody has said anything. They are saving a little money on the new trophies, and they are absolutely ugly! It really is a shame to save a few bucks to go away from the traditional trophies. Not a fan at all.
That plus raising admission to $10 was most certainly necessary to make sure the suits in Boone get their raises.

I am not a fan of those trophies either, nor am I a fan of what the boys in Boone get paid, the girls union went to the cheaper plaque looking trophies a few years ago I was just waiting for the boys to do the same.

I was a little surprised to see $10 but that is still not that much more than you pay for a regular season game, and in the semifinals you can see twelve hours of football for that price. In Wisconsin it is $20 for a whole day, and I have never heard anyone here complain about all the money the association is making. That seems to really be an Iowa thing.

I DO agree that the new trophies are really boring and stupid though. They look like something you would win in a midseason wrestling tournament. The classic trophies were, well, classic. And impressive.

To be clear I don't mind the $10 ticket, that really isn't that out of line

The trophies are ugly, however it doesn't matter how many people complain, once the boys in Boone make a decision they stick with it, no matter how idiotic it is, look at what they did with State Duals Wrestling, there isn't a coach in the state that agrees with that format, but since they came up with that idea they are not going to change it.

Originally posted by privateer13:
The $10 for a adults I can live with but not necessarily across the board.
Agreed. Not a fan of shelling out $60 to get the family in.

Compared with the prices one has to pay to see a Pro Sports Event...$10 is very reasonable. My son played in the 8 man state championship game back in 2001. Cost $6 back then(I just looked at the ticket stub I still have to verify). Using that as a base and now it is 13 years later...my friends $10 is bargain.

e44acbb0-fe01-4010-afc5-28543d2b701f_zps4f41f61b.png
Picture of the trophy for reference, I think they look like the NCAA trophies for every sport besides football. More modern than the old ones. Not a fan of them, plus they aren't that. I want to have to do some rearranging in the trophy case so I can fit a state title in there. I don't think they are big enough. Very simplified.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT