ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - September 14th Edition

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Chase Potter, Zach Randolph, R.J. Harris, Sam Cook, Daric Whipple, Matt George, Will Ontiveros, Mitchell Brinkman, Ben Kincart, Deion Clayborne, and Tra'Von Fagan.

..........................................................................................................................................
Wilton guard Zach Randolph

Recruiting
"Right now, it has been Luther and the University of Dubuque."

Others
"It is just those two."

Recruiting the hardest
"I talked to the Luther coach, Coach Franzen, about every week. I talk to the University of Dubuque a little bit too."

A favorite
"No, not really."

Visit plans
"I think I'll be going to visit both."

What he wants to see during the visits
"It is just meeting the players and getting to look at the campus. it is things like that."

..........................................................................................................................................
Fort Dodge running back Sam Cook

Recruiting
"I've been to Iowa State on unofficial visits. I'll be going to some Iowa games and I was invited to UNI."

When he is visiting Iowa and UNI
"I don’t know yet. The dates are not set in stone."

Calls for football
"Nothing so far."

Wrestling
"I will be taking an official to Cal Poly in a week or so. I am also planning something with Oklahoma."

Cal Poly offer
"They haven't offered yet but we are still planning to take the official."

A sporting preference
"It is really up in the air as of right now. I'll have to wait and see how everything falls into place this year."

Greene County athlete Daric Whipple

Recruiting
"The most would be from Morningside and UNI. Coach Paup (at UNI) has called me quite bit lately and I am going there for a game day visit there in a couple of weeks. With Morningside, I'll be going up there to see the school."

Others
"Upper Iowa definitely has been one that I will be going to visit. I have also been talking a lot with SMSU."

Recruiting the hardest
"Probably UNI."

A favorite
"Probably UNI. Coach Paup used to live in our area and he knows a lot about how Greene County works. He is the coach that I've talked to the most."

Sergeant Bluff-Luton running back Matt George

Recruiting
"Not much that I really want to go to."

The attention
"It is just emails from places that I don’t really want to go to."

Why he isn't interested in those schools
"I still haven't really decided what I want to do. The level is not there."

What level he wants to play
"I'd love to play Division I. That'd be awesome."

Division I-AA
"That would be really cool."

Division II
"I haven't thought about it but yeah, probably."

NAIA
"I don’t know. It just depends I guess on what I want to go to college for and what major I want to go into."

If he is leaning towards playing in college
"I'm not sure yet."

AHSTW guard R.J. Harris

Recruiting
"There has not been a whole lot. I had some camp interest and schools wanting me to come to their school."

Camp invites
"I had a couple of campo invites from Central College in Pella and I had one from Creighton to come to their camps."

A favorite college growing up
"I have always liked Nebraska in football and for basketball I've always been a Duke fan. I really just like watching sports on TV."

Davenport Assumption wide receiver Will Ontiveros

Recruiting
"I took a visit last week to Iowa State. Coming up I'll be going to Western Illinois and Illinois. Actually next weekend I will be going on an unofficial visit at Arkansas for track."

Track vs. football
"Right now I really don’t have a favorite between the two. I am seeing what options open up. After the football season ends, I'll narrow it down to what I want to do."

Official visit dates
"My Arkansas visit is next weekend and I am schedule an official with Iowa."

A favorite
"Not really at this point. I am still checking everything out. I am leaving all of my options open."

Lewis Central tight end Mitchell Brinkman

Recruiting
"The colleges showing the most interest are Wyoming, Northern Illinois, North Dakota State, South Dakota, Missouri, Minnesota, Western Illinois, UNI, and I think that is it."

Offers
"Just South Dakota."

Close to offering
"I think most of the schools are pretty close but they want to see what I can do this year."

Recruiting the hardest
"Wyoming, Northern Illinois, North Dakota State, and Missouri are the top four."

Visit
"I went to a game at Northern Illinois but that is about it so far."

Plans for visits
"I plan on going to South Dakota next week, Wyoming on the 26th, Missouri on the 10th, and maybe a couple of others."

Davis County lineman Ben Kincart

Recruiting
"It has been a lot of schools like Central, William Penn, Truman, UNI, and Northwest Missouri State."

Calls
"No, I haven't had any calls."

Visits
"I haven't done any visits yet."

Plans for visits
"I have been invited to some games at Central but I haven't set any up yet."

Recruiting the hardest
"I'd say it is probably Central."

A favorite
"No."

Sioux City North athlete Deion Clayborne

Recruiting
"I have been talking to North Dakota, USD, SDSU, and then Wayne State. I am going down to Wayne State on Saturday for a game day visit."

Other visits planned
"Probably USD and SDSU."

Recruiting the hardest
"Wayne State and USD have been talking to me the most."

A favorite
"No, it is just whatever. I am not really picky."

Offers
"Wayne State did."

Cedar Falls forward Tra'Von Fagan

Recruiting
"Drake has been in contact with me. I am getting looked at by a bunch of Division II schools like Nebraska-Kearney, Greenville, Central, and Central Missouri. There are some other schools that have been keeping in touch and telling me about their program."

Recruiting the hardest
"The school recruiting me the hardest I would probably say would be Upper Iowa. They are still talking to me a lot. Western Illinois has been talking to me a little bit more and probably Nebraska-Kearney too."

A favorite
"Not really. I don’t really have a favorite at the moment."

Visits
"I want to get to some more schools to see how I like it. I plan to get more in soon."

Schools to visit
"Nebraska-Kearney and Central Missouri are the two schools I want to look at."

Lamoni forward Chase Potter

Recruiting
"There has been some local colleges around Iowa and Northern Missouri that have been done a lot with recruiting. I am just waiting to see what options come up. I still don’t know what sport I'll be playing."

The sport he is leaning towards
"I am leaning towards basketball but I really like baseball. It is very close."

Schools recruiting
"I talked to the coaches at Graceland a little bit. I talked to Truman State a little bit and Central College. I think that is about it."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News