ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - May 4th Ediition

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Jake Shultz, John Boisen, Joe Weber, Tra'Von Fagan, Jaden Moody, Noah Heitshusen, Derrick Henkenius, Soren Jensen, Logan Gilman, and Isaiah Noelck.

Sergeant Bluff-Luton guard Jake Shultz

A favorite sport
"If I had to choose, I'd definitely say basketball but football is definitely a sport I like to play. I have one more year left and we'll see how it goes."

Recruiting
"There hasn't been much. I'll just keep on doing my thing and working hard to get better. That will come along the way but there hasn't been anything yet."

A favorite college growing up
"I don’t want to pull out too big of schools but Iowa State and Iowa are schools I really like."

Union athlete John Boisen

Recruiting
"It has mostly been invites to football camps for punting and kicking."

Division II schools
"Augustana is the main one."

College visits
"I'll be doing that next year and hope to visit a lot of places."

"It is UNI. I was born and raised a Panther fan."

Boyer Valley guard Joe Weber

Recruiting
"I haven't had any letters. I got invited to camps from the coaches at Central and Augustana but that has been it so far."

"My favorite college team has always been the Iowa Hawkeyes."

Cedar Falls forward Tra'Von Fagan

Recruiting
"It has been Truman State, North Dakota State, Upper Iowa, and the Central Dutch. That has been about it."

Visits
"I have not yet."

Planned visits
"I'm going to try and take a visit up at Truman State soon."

Recruiting the hardest
"I think Truman State."

Ballard guard Jaden Moody

Recruiting
"There has not been too much. I have gotten a few letters from smaller schools but I went down to Northwest Missouri State and talked to their assistant coach. I am going to come back and watch their team play next fall. I have been trying to reach out to different coaches."

The smaller schools
"I know I have gotten something from Grand View and Central."

"My dream would be to play at Iowa State."

Williamsburg defensive back Noah Heitshusen

College camps
"I'm looking at going to a couple in Minnesota. I don’t know the schools specifically but my coach will help me with that one. I might be tagging along with some teammates to some camps in Illinois but I don't know because of baseball."

Recruiting
"I have gotten some interest from a lot of schools but the only serious one seems to be Buena Vista. They have sent me a lot of stuff."

Visits
"I was going to go to Buena Vista for a junior day."

"I was definitely an Iowa State fan."

South Central Calhoun athlete Derrick Henkenius

A favorite sport
"Right now it'd probably be football."

College camps
"I am probably not doing any individual camps Coach asked us about 7-on-7 and that is what we are looking into doing this summer."

Recruiting
"I got something the other day from Simpson. There have been a bunch of others from Holt Cross and NAIA schools about wanting me to come and visit."

Visits
"I'll be visiting Briar Cliff next week."

"I've always been a fan of Iowa. That has been my dream but reality has hit me. Both of my parents went to Briar Cliff and my sister is running track there. That is why I like them."

Carroll defensive lineman Soren Jensen

College camps
"I might attend an Iowa State one in July but other than that I am still looking."

Mail and questionnaires
"I have had a few Division III schools. There have been a couple of texts and a couple of camp invites in the mail."

The schools
"I know Coe College in Cedar Rapids is one of them. I got a text from Coe College last week."

College visits
"I have a letter prepared to send to some of the schools but I haven't put that much effort into it. I am looking forward to that."

PCM-Monroe forward Logan Gilman

Recruiting
"Grand View is one and I took a visit there. I like Grand View. There has also been stuff from Northwestern in Orange City, St. Paul up in Minnesota, Augustana, Briar Cliff, and Morningside."

College visits
"It has been Grand View, William Penn, and I am looking to make a visit to Northwestern in Orange City here soon."

A favorite
"It is too early to tell but I do like Grand View over William Penn. I guess that is the favorite so far."

Hampton-Dumont athlete Isaiah Noelck

College camps
"I'll probably go to an Iowa State prospect camp and then we have a team camp. There are a couple of others that I have been looking at."

Recruiting
"Iowa State is obviously a place where I'd like to do. There are some other schools that I've talked to and they want me to visit."

Schools
"I've talked to Upper Iowa and Iowa Central a little bit. Wartburg called me the other day and Simpson has been messaging me."

Visits
"I have not been on any visits actually. The Wartburg one just didn’t work out because we didn’t have the time."

Playing college football
"Yeah, I think it'd be something I'd enjoy. I probably would like to but we'll see how it goes."

"It was definitely Iowa State."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News