ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - May 25th Edition

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: David Kacmarynski, John Nagel, Rocky Lombardi, Isaac Heyer, Keegan Glaus, Cameron Baumann, Coy Kirkpatrick, Ben Campos, Kolton Marlin, Caleb Shudak, and Sonny Onken.

..........................................................................................................................................
West Des Moines Valley linebacker Ben Campos

Camps
"I'm going to UNI, Iowa State, Iowa, and there is also a camp at Western Illinois."

College coaches visiting the school
"I have talked to Augustana some and I went to their spring game. I have also been in contact by NDSU through my head coach."

Recruiting the hardest
"I wouldn’t say any one school is recruiting me the hardest."

A favorite
"I would say Iowa State because my brothers goes there and I've been around their coaches the longest."

..........................................................................................................................................
Lewis Central kicker Caleb Shudak

Camps
"I'll be at Nebraska, Iowa State, Iowa, and Missouri."

Coaches visiting the school
"I have had some NAIA and Division II schools like Morningside and a few others. Iowa State is supposed to be stopping by later this month."

Recruiting the hardest
"I'd say Missouri is recruiting me the most because I get mail from them almost every other day at school."

A favorite
"No, I am open to anything."

Fairfield pitcher Cameron Baumann

The Iowa season
"It is very, very surprising but I think it has been amazing. I can't wait to get up there."

Other schools still recruiting him
"Nope."

Madrid lineman Coy Kirkpatrick

"Iowa State stopped by not that long ago and the Iowa d-line coach contacted my coach about me."

Recruiting
"It has been Iowa State, Simpson, Grinnell, and smaller schools like that. Iowa sent me something because they want me to go to their camp."

Visits
"I haven't done any of that."

Recruiting the hardest
"Probably Iowa State so far. Hopefully my junior season is big for me."

Pella Christian linebacker David Kacmarynski

Camps
"I think I'm going to Iowa State, Northwest Missouri State, and I don’t know where else."

Colleges visiting the school
"Iowa State has stopped by a couple of times, Indiana State stopped by, and an Iowa recruiter watched a basketball practice for a little bit."

College visits
"No, I haven't done anything like that as of now."

Recruiting the hardest
"I don’t know because things are just starting to pick up."

West Lyon athlete Isaac Heyer

A favorite sport
"I thought about it and it depends on what season I'm in. Basketball and football are my two favorites and are the ones I'm focusing on."

Recruiting letters
"I haven't had any yet."

A favorite college growing up
"Not really."

West Delaware tight end John Nagel

Not playing AAU this year
"It is not that I didn't want to do it. I just don’t think that it was in my best interest to play."

Focusing on football for college
"Yes."

Camps
"I'm be going to UNI, Iowa, and then Iowa State."

"I have had Iowa, Iowa State, Northwestern, Missouri, and Drake."

Recruiting the hardest
"I really can't answer that because I don’t know who is recruiting me yet."

Bettendorf linebacker Keegan Glaus

Camps
"I'm going to Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa State."

"I've talked to a UNI assistant coach, the Iowa d-line coach, and the Iowa State head coach."

Recruiting
"I haven't gotten any letters but I have gotten email and stuff from Northern Arizona and James Madison."

Recruiting the hardest
"I'd probably say Northern Arizona."

Keokuk wide receiver Kolton Marlin

Camps
"Iowa, Iowa State, UNI, Mizzou, Cornell University, and we are going to a team camp too."

Colleges visiting the school
"Upper Iowa has stopped by and that has been the only one."

Calls
"I haven't gotten any calls but a bunch of emails. I have gotten a few texts from Winona State and Minnesota State too about their camps."

Mail
"The big ones have been Iowa, Iowa State, UNI, Mizzou, and Cornell. There has also been Brown and Upper Iowa."

Recruiting the hardest
"I would definitely say Cornell University and UNI."

Visits
"During last season, I went to a couple of game day visits at Iowa, Iowa State, and Mizzou. Recently I went to a junior day visit and that was really cool."

West Des Moines Valley quarterback Rocky Lombardi

Camps
"I don’t really have a schedule yet but I'll probably go to Iowa and Iowa State. I might do three others at Wisconsin, Nebraska, and places like that."

"I have had the Virginia offensive coordinator come by and watch me throw."

Recruiting
"The biggest ones have been Nebraska, Kansas State, Iowa State, Virginia, and then North Dakota State, and UNI."

Recruiting the hardest
"Actually Wisconsin is probably now. They are showing me the most interest."

Recent visits
"Iowa State would be my most recent visit for a junior day."

Norwalk defensive end Sonny Onken

Recruiting
"Right now, I got offers from UNI and South Dakota. Dakota State has visited me as well as North Dakota State. I also get personal letters from Western Illinois."

The offers
"It was exhilarating and crazy. It was awesome to receive them."

Who offered first
"UNI did."

The UNI offer
"After their junior day, they contacted my coach and had me contact them."

A final decision
"I want to wait as long as I can because I don’t want to commit to something early. I'm looking to wait until at least the end of my football season."

"Iowa State as well as North Dakota, Western Illinois, and Dakota State."

Calls
"It has just been UNI."

A favorite
"Right now, my favorite would be UNI because I don’t know much about the other schools. I met with Coach Paup and he is the type of coach I'd want to play for."

Close to offering
"From what my coach told me, if I visit North Dakota State or North Dakota they would offer but they want to get me on campus first."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News