ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - June 8th Edition

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Jacob Rau, Justin Sholly, CaRondis Harris-Anderson, JMichael Young, Jevon Mason, Tavian Williams, Brady Smith, Will Ontiveros, and Jared Myers.

..........................................................................................................................................
Waukee forward Jacob Rau

Recruiting
"I have gotten some letters from various different colleges."

The schools
"Some of the schools are Lehigh, Briar Cliff, South Dakota State, and a few others."

Visits
"I have not made any visit to any of those schools."

A favorite growing up
"Growing up, my favorite college was probably Iowa. I was a big fan of Iowa for a long time and still am."

..........................................................................................................................................
Clear Lake linebacker Justin Sholly

Summer camps being considered
"I am looking into North Dakota State camp, Upper Iowa, and then a few other schools that have talked to me."

Recruiting
"North Dakota State has talked to me along with Upper Iowa. I am not too sure who else."

Calls
"No calls but I have talked to some coaches on Facebook and Twitter. I just got my highlight tape made so that should help."

A favorite college growing up
"I just love watching football. I'll watch anyone."

Waterloo West forward CaRondis Harris-Anderson

Recruiting
"No, not really."

Mail
"It was just stuff for camps at UNI and Drake."

Camps he plans on attending
"I'm going to the Drake camp but I cannot make the UNI camp because I have another camp."

A favorite school growing up
"I like Iowa State, UNI, and watching Iowa play. I also like watching Kentucky, Wisconsin, and those types of college teams."

Bettendorf guard JMichael Young

Recruiting
"Drake and South Dakota State have been the ones that I have gotten some letters from."

Visits
"No, I haven't been able to."

"Iowa State."

West Des Moines Valley running back Jevon Mason

A favorite sport
"I get that question a lot. I like them all evenly."

Recruiting letters
"I have gotten a couple but nothing really serious. It is just smaller community schools around here like DMACC."

Summer camps
"I'm going to an Iowa baseball camp and I might be going to a Nike football camp in Oregon with a friend."

"I have always been a Texas Longhorns fan. That is my team."

Sioux City North wide receiver Tavian Williams

Camps
"The latest ones are Nebraska, Iowa State, Iowa, Wayne, USD, and I think there are three more."

Recruiting
"The most interest right now is probably from USD. They are recruiting me more than any other coaches."

Mail
"USD. They have sent my coach mail."

Visits
"I have gotten letters about going on campus visits but I haven't gone on any. The schools have been Augustana, North Dakota, Wayne State, Northern State, and USD."

A favorite
"Probably just Wayne since my brother went there."

West Liberty forward Brady Smith

Recruiting
"There have been some Division IIIs. I went to Coe College for a visit and Upper Iowa. Wartburg is also showing interest. That has been about it."

A favorite
"Right now, I am leaning towards Coe. I know some of the players there and I really like the campus. It is close to home."

A school he grew up rooting for
"Iowa."

Davenport Assumption athlete Will Ontiveros

UNI football camp
"It actually went really good. I got some good looks and was one of the top wide receivers there. That is what their wide receiver coach told me and that he'd be in contact."

Upcoming camps
"I have gotten some emails, texts, and calls from Iowa for their track program. It is the same with Iowa State because they saw me at state track. Western Illinois has talked to me and said that they offer kids that have ability and want me to either visit or come down for a camp."

A sporting lean
"I like football but right now I am not sure. I'll see how far I can take track and if I can qualify for the USA track in Oregon. I'm trying to do both right now."

Football recruiting
"Right now, I get stuff from Cornell, Northern Arizona, some letters from Iowa State, and Western Illinois."

Track recruiting
"I talked to someone from Arizona State, Iowa, Illinois State, and Iowa State so far."

Colfax-Mingo quarterback Jared Myers

Northwest Missouri State camp
"It went good. it was very competitive with a lot of good quarterbacks there. To go against good competition makes me perform better overall."

Camps
"I have a camp or 7-on-7 every weekend until the 4th of July. From June 16 through the 22nd, I'll be at South Dakota and North Dakota."

Recruiting
"It is Wayne State in Nebraska, Buena Vista, Augustana, Southwest Minnesota State, South Dakota, South Dakota State, The University of Sioux Falls, Drake, Grandview, and then UNI and Iowa State sends me basic letters."

A favorite
"I don’t have a favorite right now. I am just trying to build relationships with coaches heading into my senior year."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News