ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - June 4th

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Mitch Randall, Riley Reck, Cody Calvelage, Tommy Kaktis, Andrew Gibb, Tanner VanElsen, and Joey Bregar.

..........................................................................................................................................
Waukee quarterback Mitch Randall
Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, football or baseball.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have received emails and camp invites, but no recruiting materials or contact with coaches at this point.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“No.”

What camps are you going to this summer?
“The Rivals 3 stripe in Naperville, Northwest Missouri State, Central Missouri, Iowa, Kansas State, UNI, South Dakota.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Yes, Iowa.”

..........................................................................................................................................
East Buchanan offensive guard Riley Reck
“I have always want to play football in college somewhere.”

“I have had coaches come to school and talk to me and teammates Taylor Fox and Nolan Meyer. They were from Iowa State, Luther, Loras, Coe, Drake, and also Iowa Central.”

“My favorite school growing up was and still is the Iowa Hawkeyes. I have gone to many games in Kinnick and it is always a good time.”

Louisa-Muscatine athlete Cody Calvelage
“I’d really love to play college football and I’d enjoy everything about it. I’m open to any school that offers me the chance to be a part of the team.”

“Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa has reached out to me. I have had some emails to some schools in Minnesota and California, but I have not replied yet.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Simpson has been sending me emails about the program and also sent me an email about going up to a junior prospect day.”

“I have not.”

“I have went to an Iowa Hawkeye strength and conditioning camp with a few teammates of mine earlier this year, but I have not planned many camps yet.”

“I’ve loved the University of Iowa since I was little when I went to watch a Hawkeye football game.”

Lake Mills wide receiver Tommy Kaktis
“I’d be mostly interested in football but possibly track, depending on how things roll out. I have no official offers yet, but I’ve gotten numerous prospect camp invites, including Wartburg, Simpson, and DIII schools across the country. There are more track recruitment letters as well.”

“Just a visit to Waldorf University.”

“I am thinking about attending a few junior days and prospect camps.”

“ISU.”

St. Edmond athlete Andrew Gibb
“I definitely want to play college athletics. Right now, I’m leaning towards basketball, but I want to keep my options open.”

“My recruitment for basketball has really picked up. Briar Cliff, Waldorf, and Iowa Central have called and texted me a lot. I really haven’t gotten anything for football, which surprises me because of how well my season went.”

“I took a basketball visit to Waldorf and that is it.”

“My favorite college growing up was Arizona State.”

Southeast Polk defensive end Tanner VanElsen
“Yes, I am looking to play football in college.”

“The University of Northern Iowa, University of North Dakota, Northwest Missouri State University, North Dakota State University, South Dakota State University, Missouri Western State University and a few other smaller schools.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“At this point in time, there are all kind of at the same pace.”

“I went on a Junior Day up to North Dakota, but that is the only one so far.”

“The Hawkeye o-line/d-line showcase, the Cyclone Big Man Camp, the University of North Dakota Elite camp, the University of Northern Iowa Mini Camp, the North Dakota State University, the William Jewell Mega Camp, and Northwest Missouri State University.”

“Yes, my favorite college team growing up and now is University of Iowa. It is a dream of mine to play there.”

Interstate-35 linebacker Joey Bregar
“Yes, football.”

“A few emails and DMs here and there, but nothing serious.”

“Not yet.”

“Wayne State, Minnesota State, and probably a few more depending on my baseball schedule.”

“Yes, I love Boise State.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News