ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - January 30th

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Ben Heeren, Kane Kramer, Zach Jones, JD Stout, Brian Dayman, Matthew Hill, Marco Balderas, Nicholas Joynt, McCain Oden, and Eli Mollet.

..........................................................................................................................................
Ogden forward Ben Heeren
Do you want to play basketball in college?
"Yeah, if the right opportunity arises I'd be all for that."

Have you had any attention from colleges?
"Nope, not yet."

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
"I've always been an Iowa State fan. I also like North Carolina quite a bit too."

..........................................................................................................................................
Cedar Rapids Jefferson guard Kane Kramer
"I have a couple of colleges looking at me now but I haven't really decided yet."

What colleges have been recruiting you?
"Coe College has been recruiting my heavily and Iowa Central. That is about it."

Have you made any college trips yet?
"I visited Coe and my brother played at Iowa Central so I was up there a lot when he played there."

Do you have a favorite school at this point?
"No, I am completely undecided."

"Probably North Carolina. I loved watching them when I was younger."

Iowa City High athlete Zach Jones
Do you want to play football in college?
"Yes sir."

"Not really but a couple of colleges have been in contact."

What are some of the specific schools?
"There have been a couple of Division II and III schools. Nothing that really is an interest to me."

"I've always liked Iowa but that is because I was born here. I like Iowa State, Iowa, Oregon, and probably LSU because I have family down there."

Keota guard JD Stout
"I definitely would like to play college basketball."

"There has not really been too much yet."

"I'd love to play for a Division I like Iowa. That would be awesome to play for them."

Pleasant Valley forward Brian Dayman
"It definitely is. I haven't looked to far into it because I've been busy with the season. I'll definitely do that after."

What colleges have been recruiting you?
"I have gotten a couple of things from Augustana and a couple of letters saying that they watched me this summer and liked the way I played."

"I kind of like UNI and the way that they play and everything."

Colo-NESCO forward Matthew Hill
"Yes, it is something I want to do."

"Not really yet."

"I just have liked Iowa State since I am close to the games."

South Hamilton guard Marco Balderas
"Yes."

"Right now, it is just letters. I've been to some camps at William Penn, Coe College, and I worked out for Nebraska-Kearney. Some coaches would like to see me at their games."

What are some of the other schools?
"Ellsworth Community College is another one."

Have you made any college trips yet?
"No, not at this time. It is just camps and workouts."

"Growing up, I've always been a Duke fan."

Garner-Hayfied/Ventura athlete Nicholas Joynt
"Yeah, hopefully."

"I haven't really had anything yet."

"My family has always liked watching UNI. I've been there for a couple of games."

Centerville running back McCain Oden
Do you have a favorite sport?
"I'd say it is a tie between football and baseball. They are definitely my best sports."

Do you want to play sports in college?
"Yeah, it is definitely something I want to do. A couple of my sisters played college sports and it was fun to be around that."

"No."

"I really like UNI."

Bishop Heelan linebacker Eli Mollet
Do you want to play football in college?
"Yeah, it actually is. I am really interested in playing college football. I've love to."

"Not really too much."

"My dad went to Notre Dame so I've always loved Notre Dame. It would be a dream come true to play there."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News