ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - December 19th

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Noah Fenske, Owen Goos, Beau Coberley, Josh Simmons, Trevor Penning, Trenton De Haan, Jordan Hook, Joey Moyer, and Will McElvain.

..........................................................................................................................................
Newman Catholic lineman Trevor Penning
Why did you commit to Northern Iowa?
“It was just the family atmosphere. They were really nice. I really like their coaches."

What other schools were interested?
“I had another offer from South Dakota. Western Illinois was looking at me and then some other Division II schools and also Iowa Western."

Why did you decide to make the decision at this point?
“Coach Farley just visited me and I liked everything he said. I thought it was just the right time."

How do you feel about their coaches?
“They all have a lot of experience with big colleges and NFL. I feel like they'd be the best for me to try and get me to my goal."

What are your goals to get ready?
“I am just trying to get stronger, faster, and bigger."

Where are they recruiting you at specifically?
“It is just the offensive line. I'm not for sure."

What was the hardest part of recruiting?
“It is probably just getting my name out there mostly. I come from a smaller school so it is kind of hard."

..........................................................................................................................................
MOC-Floyd Valley forward Trenton De Haan
Do you want to play basketball in college?
“That is a really great question. Basketball and golf are the two sports I participate in. As of right now, both are an option and I am open to both."

Have you had any attention from colleges?
“Not specifically. I am under the radar right now. Maybe after the season is over I will have a better idea of sport I want to play in college and at what level."

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I am a big Duke Blue Devil born and raised. I enjoy watching the Iowa Hawkeyes and Augustana University in Sioux Falls."

Grundy Center lineman Jordan Hook
What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I got invited on an unofficial visit at UNI for a game day visit. That has been the only visit so far."

Have there been mail from any other schools?
“Really the only one that has contacted is UNI and a little bit of Upper Iowa at the beginning of the year."

How was the visit at UNI?
“I really liked the campus. My sister goes there and is the setter for the volleyball team. She has had a great experience and really enjoys it. I am familiar with the campus because we live close by. It has always been a dream of mine to be able to play there."

Do you have any other visits?
“No, I haven't been contacted at all."

Des Moines Lincoln tight end Joey Moyer
“Nothing crazy. I've talked to some head coaches."

What are some of the schools that you have talked to?
“It smaller schools like Grand View and Simpson I think."

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I've just been going along with Will (Mcelvain) on some trips."

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Probably Grand View."

“I have always loved Oregon. I love the uniforms."

Des Moines Lincoln athlete Will McElvain
“Mostly it has been Iowa State. I've been talking to them a lot and have gone on visits there. I also took (a visit) to UNI."

Have any others been sending mail?
“No, it is just those two so far."

How were the visits overall?
“They were good. UNI was good. I am more comfortable with Iowa State because I have been up there more. I would be blessed to play at that level but we'll see what happens."

Do you have any visits coming up?
“No, I am just going to play it by ear and see what comes."

"I never really had a favorite college, I just followed players."

New Hampton defensive end Noah Fenske
Do you want to play football in college?
“Yeah."

“My wrestling coach got an email from Kirk Ferentz asking about another player on the team and asked about me and my work ethic. I don't know what he responded with but I think my work ethic is up there. I did football camps last year at UNI, Iowa, and Minnesota State. I think some other schools are looking at me but haven't gotten a hold of me yet."

“I started off with Minnesota when I used to live in Mankato. Since then, I would say it has been Iowa State, Iowa, and UNI. I like all of them."

Dike-New Hartford lineman Owen Goos
“Yeah, I definitely want to play college football."

“No, I have not yet."

“I've always been a big fan of Oregon because of their uniforms and style of play. I have always liked them."

West Marshall athlete Beau Coberley
“I went on a couple of unofficial visits to Iowa State and UNI. I have also heard from a couple of Ivy League schools."

What are some of the Ivy League programs?
“Princeton, Columbia, and Harvard."

How were the Iowa and UNI games?
“Iowa State and UNI were great experiences. I loved the atmosphere at Iowa State. I love the Dome at UNI."

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I don't really know."

“I've always been an Iowa State fan. I have been around them my whole life."

Lewis Central wide receiver Josh Simmons
“I definitely want to play college football later on in my career."

“Not really yet."

“My favorite team is Texas. That has been my favorite team."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News