ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - August 21st

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Keshawn Christian, Grant DeMeulenaere, Carter Kuchel, Zack Lasek, Jack Van Dusseldorp, Kacyn Pickering, Derek Krogmann, Traevis Buchanan, Jaden Kleinhesselink, and Calvin Carlson.

..........................................................................................................................................
Iowa City High guard Keshawn Christian
What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I didn’t talk to any colleges. I haven’t heard.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“UCLA.”

Elite camps
“No.”

..........................................................................................................................................
Grand View Christian point guard Grant DeMeulenaere
“I have an offer from Dordt College right now. Then there are some other NAIA schools like Morningside, Briar Cliff, and then Division II schools like USF and the University of Missouri St. Louis. Colgate actually has been emailing me recently as well.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I’d say Dordt right now considering they offered. They talk to me quite a bit. I am taking a visit there in September.”

When do you want to make a final decision?
“I am thinking more during the senior season.”

St. Mary's Remsen wide receiver Carter Kuchel
What camps did you attend this summer and how did you do?
“I went to Augustana, Southwest Minnesota State, Iowa State, South Dakota State, South Dakota, and UNI. I think I performed pretty well.”

“I have three offers from Southwest Minnesota State, Dordt, and Culver Stockton.”

What schools are interested but haven’t offered yet?
“Minnesota State, Upper Iowa, the University of South Dakota, UNI, and Augustana.”\

“Most definitely Southwest.”

Do you have any plans for fall game day trips?
“I am going to go but I don’t have any planned yet.”

Highland forward Zack Lasek
“I got invited to the UNI elite camp and Central Michigan. Augustana sent me a letter. Outside of that, it has just been NAIA and Division III schools.”

What are some of those Division III/NAIA programs?
“William Penn invited me to a camp and Luther did. Those were the two I remember.”

Which camps did you do and how did they go?
“I went to UNI. I felt like I played really good there. It was probably the best I’ve played during the 5-on-5 period.”

Garner-Hayfield/Ventura lineman Jack Van Dusseldorp
“As of late, it has been Kansas State, UNI, and South Dakota mostly.”

What are some of the smaller schools interested
“There are some smaller ones like Wartburg and a lot of Division II schools like Winona.”

“Over time, it probably has been Kansas State. As of late that been slow. We’ll wait until the season starts.”

“Not yet but if the opportunity shows itself I will definitely be making some trips.”

Carlisle running back Kacyn Pickering
“I went to the Iowa State camp and I talked to their recruiting director. I’ve been talking to UNI over the summer. I’ve been to a couple of Division II schools like Minnesota State and Winona State. Also, South Dakota State came to my school.”

Are there any smaller schools that have been interested?
“I have gotten letters from Iowa Central and Iowa Western.”

“Honestly, I’d say probably Minnesota State is up there. Iowa State is sending me stuff but those are the two.”

“I’ve been getting some game day invitations. I haven’t really set anything in stone yet but I am hoping to make a few college games.”

West Delaware forward Derek Krogmann
Who currently have you received an offer from?
“The offer is from North Dakota.”

“South Dakota, South Dakota State, Drake, UNI, the University of Missouri Kansas City, and Holy Cross.”

“I’d say UNI is. I’ve heard from them the most and get the most letters from them.”

Have you made any recent trips?
“No, not yet. I am planning to do some visits this fall.”

Where are you trying to get to?
“Hopefully UNI, Drake, and South Dakota.”

What are these other schools saying regarding offers?
“They want to see me continue to shoot the ball. That is the biggest thing at the next level. That want to make sure I can consistently shoot the ball. I feel like I’m getting really good at that and will show them that.”

Iowa City West wide receiver Traevis Buchanan
“I just got invited to a Northwest Missouri State game. Iowa just send me a game invite. I’ve been talking to South Dakota, Iowa, Northwest Missouri State, UNI, and Iowa State. Northern Illinois has also talked to me.”

“The coach that I’ve talked to the most are from NIU. They reached out to me a while before our season and I talked to them about their camp this summer.”

“I definitely plan on going to Iowa. I am still deciding on Northwest Missouri State but I will probably go but I’m not 100% sure yet. I am definitely going to Iowa for sure.”

Sheldon athlete Jaden Kleinhesselink
“I have gotten some emails and twitter DMs from Wayne State and USF. There have also been some NAIA schools like Northwestern and Morningside.”

“I would say if any for football it would be Northwestern probably or Morningside.”

“Simpson and Wayne State have emailed some information so I have thought about that.”

Humboldt guard Calvin Carlson
“Not yet.”

Did you do any college camps this summer?
“I haven’t attended any elite camps. It was just team camps.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.