ADVERTISEMENT

The Action Starts Monday

Just to answer my own question. Yes. Sindt is absolutely unstoppable this fall here in Iowa. I actually can't wait to see what he can do in the post Iowa State meet races (ex - Footlocker).

Will also be interesting to see where he chooses to run in college. I have no doubt he is getting some high level recruitment.

Will Ankeny's Tim Sindt ready to be the next high level runner in the state?

Will Ankeny's Tim Sindt ready to be the next high level runner in the state?

Well, he became the first runner in Iowa history to break 15:00 in a 5k, so...yeah. ;)

Oh, and tonight is our conference meet in Waverly. It will be our second meet in the last 3 weeks. And only our 4th since Labor Day. We had 4 runners ranked to start the season, between injuries, illness and lack of meets, only 1 is still ranked.

Reactions: mtdew_fever
SSG...that kind of begs the question of who is "we"?

Baxter.

My daughter won the girl's race, my son finished 4th and both teams won. My son missed all of fall practice and the first two weeks of the season with tendonitis in his achilles, so getting to 4th this quick was pretty good (he hadn't run at all for nearly two months). Not sure how districts will go for him. We're in Marshalltown, which will be tough on the boys side, I think there are 11 ranked runners. My daughter should finish top 5 in hers, there are only 5 ranked runners there and IIRC she's beaten two of them this season.

Sindt is at a higher level than I thought. Absolutely dominating this fall.

Well, he became the first runner in Iowa history to break 15:00 in a 5k, so...yeah. ;)

Oh, and tonight is our conference meet in Waverly. It will be our second meet in the last 3 weeks. And only our 4th since Labor Day. We had 4 runners ranked to start the season, between injuries, illness and lack of meets, only 1 is still ranked.

Reactions: SSG T
Baxter.

My daughter won the girl's race, my son finished 4th and both teams won. My son missed all of fall practice and the first two weeks of the season with tendonitis in his achilles, so getting to 4th this quick was pretty good (he hadn't run at all for nearly two months). Not sure how districts will go for him. We're in Marshalltown, which will be tough on the boys side, I think there are 11 ranked runners. My daughter should finish top 5 in hers, there are only 5 ranked runners there and IIRC she's beaten two of them this season.

Well, my daughter finished 5th, only 15 seconds behind the district champ, pretty much exactly where I expected her. If she can start decently (pretty important in Ft Dodge) I fully expect top 15 on Saturday, she has the talent for top 5, just not sure of her head all the time.

My son ran his best race of the season, still finished out of qualifying, so his season is over. It's too bad he had the injury, he was a 3 time qualifier (Fr/So/Jr years) and was running better than ever this summer since he actually started taking off season training seriously.

Sindt will win easily. Who takes second? My guess is Kolby Greiner from ICW.

The girl from Liberty HS will win the girls division and have time to eat lunch before the second place finisher crosses the line

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT