ADVERTISEMENT

Storm brewing in Southwest Iowa 4A

Schlemmer

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2017
Council Bluffs Lincoln currently has 5 Platinum #1 players on their 8th grade squad. ( 2025) One of which can dunk. Theses AAU teams are from Omaha and are no pushovers as Martin Brothers found out this summer. The kids are multi-sport and play well together. Great Squad!! Stay tuned.

The 2 big kids play for The Factory/ 1 of the knockdown 3 point guards with handles plays for TNE, the other guard who is a D1 baseball prospect plays for OSA/ and the power forward plays for TNE. TNE was ranked #14 nationally last year and went 44-1 this past summer. -Team Nebraska Express-

I hear there are two really talented twins in 7th grade in the Sioux City area...last name is Yusef I think? Kids are long and supposedly are uber skilled...both have D1 potential I have been told. Where are they supposed to go to HS?

I've always wondered why the Council Bluffs area hasn't been able to capitalize on the advantages of being right across the river from a major metropolitan city like Omaha.

Sounds like they're finally getting around to it.

Good for them.

Reactions: Schlemmer
Normally if a Council Bluffs team had 1 Platinum player on an Omaha top AAU team ( think Josh Dix) OSA/ that's a big deal. This 8th grade CB Lincoln group has 5. They have been working ( some since 3rd grade ) with a guy named Brian Hoffman on fundamentals, and Alvin Mitchell on toughness and winning tournaments. Bob F from OSA has done a fantastic job of putting together tourneys and leagues from OSA and it is all coming together.

As far as Sioux City my guess is East will grab hold of the twins. . Not much escapes Vanderloo. It is my understanding Ames was not happy with East skipping into state every year , thus the shake-up in district and sub-state play. Now the road to State is much more challenging for the Western Iowa teams. Arguably I'm not sure a D.M Valley ( 2,000 students) VS Abraham Lincoln (1300) is equitable. But hey, it is what it is.

One final note on AAU, this summer the Iowa top teams were beaten by the Omaha Nebraska teams ( top level) but the big dogs were the teams from Kansas City-which should be with 4 times the population. They held serve easily.

Epic AAU battle yesterday in Omaha / Council Bluffs Lincoln eighth grade boys team made up of all kids going to school at Council Bluffs Lincoln /after getting beat by 33 in the first match up with Omaha sports Academy Platinum 1 all stars /five of the best players in Nebraska/ played them within five points yesterday and held them in the 40s points wise/ good things ahead For Council Bluffs Lincoln

When I think of western Iowa sports for basketball I think SC East. They have been to state a lot but not much success. In football I think of Lewis Central. Harlan community in baseball. It seems like western side of Iowa is not quite at the level to compete with DSM. Maybe that changes.
new to site, love it

Living in Des Moines and following both Football and Basketball it’s going to be Waukee and everybody else in my opinion in basketball. As for football pick it, anyone can win it this year.

I do hope that western Iowa can be competitive at the 4a level, would make it fun for us spectators. That said, seems like a wide gap in past years

I would say Harlan‘s probably got the corner on the market in Football in western Iowa /I believe they have beat Lewis Central probably 40 out of 45 times /as far as basketball these five platinum 1 kids at Abraham Lincoln probably come around once every 10 or 15 years /they played Yesterday in Omaha a team that beat them last year by 30 points and Abraham Lincoln beat them by 31points this year/Abraham Lincoln is really being helped by their two transfers one was from Lewis Central and one was from Saint Albert /coupled with 3 guys that were in place that are solid!! they’re going to be a force to be reckon with. If they can play with the best in Omaha they won’t back down from Des Moines

Last edited:
Wow sounds like future is bright, you sound excited and in the know. You have skin in the game as a coach or have a son playing?

No family at AL/ I played in HS there. We were decent but played in the metro and got run by some good players. My buddy has a kid coming up .

Don’t know much about CB basketball, I know that SC East has been to the Well a few times but early exits. Like I said before Waukee will be very good for years to come. Overall DSM basketball will be good this year.

You have some good takes!! It will be nice to see how everything plays out. CB Lincoln played again yesterday against Bellevue West feeder school/ AL won by 31 points and did not shoot any 3’s after the 1st half .

Council Bluffs Lincoln' 8th grade has been good as advertised. Their school team went undefeated and had an avg margin of victory of 33 points. This schedule was not just playing Glenwood and Treynor/ but Papio and Bellevue West feeder teams among others. The AAU Team knocked off OSA Platinum #1, the team with the 10 best players in Nebraska by 7, but was also beat by them once by a similar score. Omaha AAU also has a team called the Factory that is vey good, we haven't played them yet. Tourney wise we have won some and finished 2nd in some as we are playing all star teams and our team is comprised of players strictly attending C.B. Lincoln. In the victory against Gretna 4 CB players scored in double figures: 17, 15, 15, 13. nice depth and they continue to play together.

as far as basketball these five platinum 1 kids at Abraham Lincoln probably come around once every 10 or 15 years /they played Yesterday in Omaha a team that beat them last year by 30 points and Abraham Lincoln beat them by 31points this year/Abraham Lincoln is really being helped by their two transfers one was from Lewis Central and one was from Saint Albert /coupled with 3 guys that were in place that are solid!! they’re going to be a force to be reckon with. If they can play with the best in Omaha they won’t back down from Des Moines

I thought this kind of sports based transfer activity was usually frowned upon by this board.

In these two kids cases at A.L- Lewis Central has transformed itself into a powerhouse football program, many power5 athletes currently being recruited for D-1, Saint Albert, the other school where the transfer came from is an excellent all-a-round school, numbers are a little low. The key is A.L's coach who is all business when it comes to basketball. He works extremely hard.

Council Bluffs Lincoln' 8th grade has been good as advertised. Their school team went undefeated and had an avg margin of victory of 33 points. This schedule was not just playing Glenwood and Treynor/ but Papio and Bellevue West feeder teams among others. The AAU Team knocked off OSA Platinum #1, the team with the 10 best players in Nebraska by 7, but was also beat by them once by a similar score. Omaha AAU also has a team called the Factory that is vey good, we haven't played them yet. Tourney wise we have won some and finished 2nd in some as we are playing all star teams and our team is comprised of players strictly attending C.B. Lincoln. In the victory against Gretna 4 CB players scored in double figures: 17, 15, 15, 13. nice depth and they continue to play together.
CB AL 8th grade basketball is no match for the Iowa City Regina sports dynasty.

@Pinehawk

Reactions: ghost80 and WSC72
What are you talking about? Why call me out for this?
It's a bit strange you are randomly thinking about me at almost 3 in the morning regarding a topic I have not been involved with.

I thought this kind of sports based transfer activity was usually frowned upon by this board.
Don't enter the chat if you don't want involved......... ;)

Also don't support Iowa City Regina beating up small class/small town Iowa to build and continue their "dynasty" if you don't want involved.............;)

Lessons for future reference. :cool:

• Love
Reactions: ghost80
I'm not sure what to say about the comparison to Regina, they have certainty done well. When you have a group like this ( Council Bluffs Lincoln)that has 4 players that can score in double figures it is unusual and forces defenses to pick their poison.

There is no comparison to Regina. It's just someone with an obsession they can't control.

Council Bluffs Lincoln sounds like they have a great team and a solid program. Will be interesting to see if they can challenge the Des Moines teams over the next few seasons.

Coach Issacson is able to get his kids to play extremely hard and disciplined/ I believe the play is many many Omaha Metro games. CIML and Omaha Metro are very similar.

There is no comparison to Regina. It's just someone with an obsession they can't control.

Council Bluffs Lincoln sounds like they have a great team and a solid program. Will be interesting to see if they can challenge the Des Moines teams over the next few seasons.
A lack of control would mean posting about Regina nonstop..............

I, on the other hand, like to slip it in at my convenience.......or whenever it's inconvenient for you. :cool:

......which ironically enough is something you can't control.

Well, I mean, you could take the way of the coward. You are a Regina fan after all. ;)

But avoidance is not control, now is it.

I miss our conversations, Pine. It's always fun......

A lack of control would mean posting about Regina nonstop..............

I, on the other hand, like to slip it in at my convenience.......or whenever it's inconvenient for you. :cool:

......which ironically enough is something you can't control.

Well, I mean, you could take the way of the coward. You are a Regina fan after all. ;)

But avoidance is not control, now is it.

I miss our conversations, Pine. It's always fun......

Some people like to post about what they know best and are well informed about(pine/Regina). Others like to slip things in at their convenience whether they are well informed or not 😜

Some people like to post about what they know best and are well informed about(pine/Regina). Others like to slip things in at their convenience whether they are well informed or not 😜
Ahhp. You left it open-ended as to the possibility of whether I am well-informed or not, thus allowing me to make that decision for you. (You don't even have to assume which one I chose) :cool:

I thank you for the compliment, cid. You always were the more rational, between the two of you............;)

I would say Harlan‘s probably got the corner on the market in Football in western Iowa /I believe they have beat Lewis Central probably 40 out of 45 times /as far as basketball these five platinum 1 kids at Abraham Lincoln probably come around once every 10 or 15 years /they played Yesterday in Omaha a team that beat them last year by 30 points and Abraham Lincoln beat them by 31points this year/Abraham Lincoln is really being helped by their two transfers one was from Lewis Central and one was from Saint Albert /coupled with 3 guys that were in place that are solid!! they’re going to be a force to be reckon with. If they can play with the best in Omaha they won’t back down from Des Moines
al seems tough in basketball everyyear.....cant wait to see them bounch the desmoines schools, like valley and etc

As far as Sioux City my guess is East will grab hold of the twins. . Not much escapes Vanderloo. It is my understanding Ames was not happy with East skipping into state every year , thus the shake-up in district and sub-state play. Now the road to State is much more challenging for the Western Iowa teams. Arguably I'm not sure a D.M Valley ( 2,000 students) VS Abraham Lincoln (1300) is equitable. But hey, it is what it is.
wonder why they dont split valley up, they did waukee...cb lincoln has changer their schedule big time..now playing 4 or 5 nebraska schools, and even one in minnesota...wonder what is with that????

Last edited:
Good for AL but they need to prove it at WF Arena for once. Ames handled them first round last year.
Fair enough/ I can't wait for the shot clock. I was at that game and after Ames secured a 8 point lead they played keep-a-way. A real snoozer.

Council Bluffs Lincoln currently has 5 Platinum #1 players on their 8th grade squad. ( 2025) One of which can dunk. Theses AAU teams are from Omaha and are no pushovers as Martin Brothers found out this summer. The kids are multi-sport and play well together. Great Squad!! Stay tuned.
that is abraham lincoln?

Thankfully no. I heard it was a lower level AAU game. I guess in K.C. a ref and coach got into a brawl -fans kicking the ref-just awful.

Reactions: TheVegvisir
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT