ADVERTISEMENT

Stats for all district/ all state teams

Oct 19, 2012
Odd question but does anyone know if these week 9 game's stats that are scheduled for the smaller class teams (8-man, A, 1A, 2A) that didn't make the playoffs count when voting for all district and all state teams?

Imo they should not. If you didn't make the playoffs in 2A on down your stats should stop at week 8. Varsity Bound is still recording stats for teams that played an extra week 9 game so I was just curious?

Well for All-District, does it not need to be a district game's stats for that voting? Or do they take in account of ALL games played for that voting too?

Not many teams that are playing in the "extra" games are going to have many All-state selection possibilities in general either.

Well for All-District, does it not need to be a district game's stats for that voting? Or do they take in account of ALL games played for that voting too?

Not many teams that are playing in the "extra" games are going to have many All-state selection possibilities in general either.
All good questions. I'm not sure. I'm just curious.

I'm a class A guys so I will say there are a few players that have moved into top 5 of some categories after playing a week 9 scrimmage game. Even taken the top spot in some categories.

All good questions. I'm not sure. I'm just curious.

I'm a class A guys so I will say there are a few players that have moved into top 5 of some categories after playing a week 9 scrimmage game. Even taken the top spot in some categories.
It doesn’t always go to the athlete with the best stats and who deserves it the most. It’s a lot of politics and handshakes.

Last edited:
Odd question but does anyone know if these week 9 game's stats that are scheduled for the smaller class teams (8-man, A, 1A, 2A) that didn't make the playoffs count when voting for all district and all state teams?

Imo they should not. If you didn't make the playoffs in 2A on down your stats should stop at week 8. Varsity Bound is still recording stats for teams that played an extra week 9 game so I was just curious?
Why do you care? It gives kids an extra chance to play football. No one other than you and other douchey parents give a shit about all district. This is funny.

Reactions: ISUfan00 and Yep22
Most District meetings were held after the last regular season game so the week 9 stats would not have been available. To be nominated to an all state team the coach of that team must nominate and they must be a first team all district player to be nominated to all state. Im pretty sure coaches know who pads stats and who doesn't as right now you could watch every single game of every team in each class with a click of a button on hudl. Im for teams that play that ninth game if they can find a common opponent because that game is not about the stats its to build a program as maybe you had a young team your trying to get better or had a string of injuries early on and now your healthy. One thing to always remember some kids that are on losing teams that dont make the payoffs have better stats that kids on great teams because more than likely those kids on the good teams dont play a full game because they are way up and subs are in. You see it more on Defense as a kid has a ungodly amount of tackles and wonders why he isnt all state well because their defense gives up 40 points a game and his defense is on the field racking up the tackls, but that doesnt make him all district or all state just because he may lead one in tackles.

Like has been said All District meetings take place after the regular season is over. The only thing that is really voted on for all district is the offensive player of the year, defensive player of the year, lineman of the year and special teams player of the year. Most all district players are chosen who the coach wants for their team. Each team gets so many spots based on their district finish.

For all state, the Coaches Association/Newspaper Association All State Team is done through nomination by coaches then their is a big zoom meeting for any coach or newspaper that would like to attend.

Reactions: privateer13
Like has been said All District meetings take place after the regular season is over. The only thing that is really voted on for all district is the offensive player of the year, defensive player of the year, lineman of the year and special teams player of the year. Most all district players are chosen who the coach wants for their team. Each team gets so many spots based on their district finish.

For all state, the Coaches Association/Newspaper Association All State Team is done through nomination by coaches then their is a big zoom meeting for any coach or newspaper that would like to attend.
For the most part you are right but every district picks their district teams different as like you said some get so many picks based on how they finished in the district but some also pick a true team by voting for each position on the team. The later is better because you can only nominate a kid for all state at the position he was first team all district. Some districts rank their players say for instance running backs and you have 3 really good ones in your district that are first team, you then rank them 1 thru 3 so when they are sent in to the all state group the 3rd ranked kid cant jump the 1st ranked kid for a spot just because they have more media that covers their team witch has happened in the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT