ADVERTISEMENT

State Tournament Seating (saving seats)!

herkcy

Freshman
Nov 7, 2002
Something simply needs to be done about fans saving seats without an approximate head count of people that are showing up. I think it is a given that people go to each session plenty a head of time and then save seats for others from their town. I don't necessarily have a problem with that. The problem is a lot of times more seats get saved than needed and those seats go unused for that session. If you sit in the upper tier and you pay attention to this you will certainly notice large numbers of seats go unused simply because people save more seats than needed, or even known. I for one find open seats close to the mats and ask if I can sit there until the person the seat is being saved for shows up. I've never had to move from that area. Sometimes I have to move within that area, but never out of the area entirely. I guess I am just looking to see if others agree, thoughts on how to alleviate the problem, similar experiences, etc.?

I think it's funny this is still an issue after almost 40 years. Before there were reserved seats for the finals, you just lined up outside the inside doors of Vet's right after the consolation round, then ran like hell when they opened them. If you wanted to sit together, you locked arms or held hands and just went! Thems were the days!!!!
roll.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT