ADVERTISEMENT

State Tournament Postponed

FrostyMitchell

Freshman
Apr 20, 2005
All SEMI FINAL GAMES MOVED TO SATURDAY.

WOULD SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHY IN HE.. THE FINALS ARE NOT SUNDAY?

ANOTHER SCREW UP BY IHSAU?

soccer fields out at Cownie can only hold so much water before they become pools of standing water.

Oh, PuppyPound, I know that very well.

However, it's not like there haven't been TONS of soccer, as well as other games played on Sunday afternoon.

To make the teams come back again on Tuesday, makes ZERO sense.

OK, I got the new schedule from the web site finally. What a joke, it hasn't rained since 10 AM in DM and they canceleld the games tonite and are only playing 1 game on Saturday and everyone has to come back on Tuesday. Why can't they play twice on Saturday and get it over with?

Put the tourney back in Muscatine with the best fields in the state and get some people in the IAHSAA that makes rational decisions. Is anyone in DM reading this, how bad are the fields there?

Denny: You and I finally agree.

#1 PUT THE TOURNAMENT BACK AT THE BETTER SOCCER COMPLEX IN MUSCATINE

2) PLAY THE FINALS ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON, WHILE EVERYONE IS THERE. THE PROBLEM WITH THE IHSAU IS THAT THEY THINK EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE LIVES IN DES MOINES.

I think another reason why they postponed the games is due to the fact regionals come to town late june so i'm sure they are trying to keep the fields in good condition for that

HawkeyeDenny, I like the idea, but unfortunatly playing in Muscatine today the games would've been postponed as well and probably would've had to be moved to late next week or to a different site. There was really a really bad storm that rolled through there today, I believe a tornado touched down in Muscatine, don't know if the fields were effected, but it looked pretty bad.

DogPound I agree that todays games would of also been cancelled in Muscatine, but what is still wrong with playing 2 games on Saturday? That was the norm a few years ago I thought?

And if DM wants the state soccer tourney than they need to play on the fields and not baby them for regionals later this month. Like I said, it hasn't rained since 10 AM in DM today, why couldn't they of played the remaining 8 games tomorrow on multiple fields to not tear them up.

And mark your calendars, Frosty and I agreed! :)

The reason that the IAHSAA will not play the two games in the same day like prior years is because they have changed the games to be on two separate days for players sake, and the overall playing of the game. Having 2 games in 2 days makes it so the players have time to rest, and therefore come out and play their best soccer without tiresome and fatigue. This in turn will make it so that the games are more enjoyable to watch for everyone else.

As for them cancelling it because of regionals, i highly doubt it, although it is a possibility that some biased voters were in on the decision. Cownie Fields/directors are under a contract by the state to be able to host the State Tournement. Their job is to host it if the conditions are good enough to play. And i'm sure all players have played in some pretty vague weathered games so i'm hoping this was not the reason for the postponement.

your right it hasnt rained since early today, but it has been raining almost nonstop since wednesday in Des Moines and having played on those fields many times, as someone said before, they can only hold so much water.and it wasnt 10 am, it was more like 230 or so in the afternoon

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT