ADVERTISEMENT

State Tournament Attendance

LAK26

Gold Member
Feb 13, 2012
Attendance was dismal at the 2A semifinal games last night. Not sure what earlier in the day was like. Are the semifinals always like that? I was really surprised at how small North Linn's crowd seemed as they're down there trying to repeat. Maybe they'll all come out for the title game. Hopefully the boys in Boone don't see that as a reason to discontinue free streaming. It's been nice to be able to watch the games I can't make in person.

Attendance was dismal at the 2A semifinal games last night. Not sure what earlier in the day was like. Are the semifinals always like that? I was really surprised at how small North Linn's crowd seemed as they're down there trying to repeat. Maybe they'll all come out for the title game. Hopefully the boys in Boone don't see that as a reason to discontinue free streaming. It's been nice to be able to watch the games I can't make in person.

I think the game time combined with the Corona situation played a role.8:30 is awful late for a 2 1/2 trip home. Most fans were down here three days last week supporting the North Linn girls , who went on to win class 2a. Can get to be a lot of trips to Des Moines. Especially if you don’t have a son or daughter playing... Adds up $ wise as well. Interesting to see if tomorrow ends up going on as scheduled or not. Lots of cancellations State wide....

Reactions: LAK26
The night games have always had much lower attendance than the day games. Overall I would say the crowd sizes are similar to past years, maybe down a little but not significantly. It will always be slightly different year to year as some towns bring huge crowds and some don't, probably for a variety of reasons.

I take back what I said earlier. This 2nd 3A game is significantly smaller than normal. I'd say about half the fans from both teams who came Tuesday showed up today.

Maybe I’m wrong on this but hasn’t everyone already been near each other all week? What’s one more day where it will probably be the same fans/players? This will basically eliminate students from being able to go watch

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT