2-A)

Valley 2, Ankeny 1
Iowa City West 1, BETT 0

1-A)

Xavier 2, Norwalk 1 (OT)
Fort Madison 3, Denison 1

Prediction:

2A-

+Ankeny 1, WDM Valley 0 [rain and saturated field will be a big factor in this game. it will be a sloppy goal early on]

+Bettendorf 2, IC West 0 [ICW had their chances last night vs WDM Dowling Catholic and put those few chances away. Dowling was controlling the game for the most part. bettendorf wont allow ICW to have those types of chances]

1A-

+Xavier 3, Norwalk 2 [VERY brutal game. should be the championship matchup. but unfortunatly the 2nd seed was given to a team that lost first round... Xavier scores 2 early but norwalk fights back before half time. bauer has a goal for xavier and konchar as 2. eric may has a goal and kyle cumming has the other for norwalk.] The game in 1A to watch!

+Denison 2, Ft. Madison 0 [denison is playing well, they control the pace of the game and win]

It looks like ICW and Ankeny made the finals, both 2 - 1 scores. Anybody have any highlights, especially the Bett game? Good luck to both in the finals, Frosty and I will both be rooting for the same team.

Ankeny/Valley game was an intense game. Valley scored early, I didn't see this one because I was still at Norwalk/Xavier. The game was back and forth the entire game with a slight advantage to Ankeny. With 5 minutes left in the game, Ankeny got a free kick about 10 yds from the 18 and ripped one upper 90 directly from the kick. Just about 2 minutes later Ankeny got another free kick just out of the box and took a shot again deflected off the wall and dropped down into the corner of the goal. Amazing!!!

Valley scored a quick corner kick goal (about 3 minutes in) and an even 1st half ensued. In the second half Ankeny seemed to wake up and had many opportunities and in my opinion, dominated the half. Valley held strong until about 4 minutes left when a slide tackle from behind gave Ankeny an indirect free kick from slightly outside the corner of the 18. Misel capitalized off of a well executed set play to even the score. About a minute and a half later, another foul on the edge of the 18, this time direct, was given. Misel again took the shot and a deflection off of a man in the wall gave Ankeny a 2-1 lead with less than 2 minutes on the board. The only chance Valley had after the second goal was a corner kick that was cleared as time ran out. An exciting end to a great game in the state semifinals. The Xavier-Norwalk game was another excellent game with Xavier slightly dominating, but it seemed like Norwalk wanted it more. Good win for Norwalk, and a sure heartbreak for the Freshman who missed the PK for Xavier.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT