ADVERTISEMENT

State Finals (Mediacom)

Dec 9, 2011
I'm in Osage and I looked at the IHSSN broadcast coverage and for Mason City it says its supposed to be on channel 103. I looked tomorrow night at channel 103 and see that wrestling is not scheduled at all. I called mediacom to see if this was just an error, and they informed me that it is not and asked if I would like to file a complaint. I said OF COURSE. Does anyone have any more information on this, has anyone else looked into this problem? Am i going to have to go door to door in Clear Lake and see if anyone has CLTel cable? I'm not that happy with Mediacom right now.

i have mediacom and the meet is scheduled for channel 13 tomorrow night, i have a recording set and everything

You're right. You're by Davenport and I just looked at your TV guide online and it has it on "CW." Here up by Mason City, its supposed to be on our local CBS station, and its not listed anywhere. I just don't understand, I feel like there are going to be a lot of North Iowans unhappy with this!!!

Yeah...I'd say between State Duals and this TV train wreck, this has been a real wrestling year for Boys From Boone!

i would agree, what are iowans supposed to do without wrestling on tv?!? id say cash in some favors and come watch it!!

What happened to Iowa Public Television covering it? They cover everthing else, even if it appears on the Mediacom channel.

I just look at the Mason City listings and it starts at 7pm on MyTV Channel 3.2. And if I'm not mistaken, MyTV is supposed to be a free channel for everyone, cable or not.

Make sure you look again.
This post was edited on 2/18 8:33 AM by screwloose

Because of the Association's money-grubbing, they created the Iowa High School Sports Network (IHSSN) which oddly enough outbid IPTV for the State wrestling tournament about six years ago. They got a ton of sponsors and made a ton of money off of it. Originally, the broadcasts were mostly on the Fox affiliates around the State (not all, but most). But this year, "Rednecks Turning Left" (NASCAR) is on Fox, so the Association (sorry, the IHSSN) was left scrambling. Mediacom 22 picked up the contract, but for the people who are smart enough not to have Mediacom, they have been sort have been left scrambling. My understanding is that some DirectTV outlets around the State are picking it up. Here in Eastern Iowa it is on KCRG 9.2, which is not on DirectTV, so I have a HD rabbit ears hooked up to TV and will be watching.
But yeah, it is kind of a train wreck.

Screwloose-

I just checked tvguide.com and at 7:00 tonight for Mason City on 3.2 its the tv show Bones. I dont know what listing you're looking at, is it the one inside the globe?

Unless you are DSM or metro area, mediacom sucks for service in the state of Iowa.

Well...Mediacom still sucks, but at least they are showing the Finals. But according to my guide, I'm still watching "Bones."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT