ADVERTISEMENT

Something other than WB/Regina

down_south

Gold Member
Sep 21, 2008
Clearly the 1A section is pretty dead this year. How are teams coping with COVID? Have there been teams that have lost players/have had to play with reduced rosters? Any thoughts on what the playoff picture will look like? Suspect a lot of rematches in the first round or two. Let's get this board back up with more statewide involvement not just an Iowa City region feud.

I know our game last week was moved to Saturday due to the Pekin needing more time to prepare after getting players back from exposure quarantine, they didn’t play the week before. We’ve had a couple quarantined at different times due to exposure, no positives though.

Big game for us next week @ Sigourney-Keota for the district title, same as last year, unfortunately we had to travel for both. Wondering how the playoffs will be set up.

Eastside 1A football is looking weaker in 2020 than the last couple of years.

SK. Waterloo Columbus. Pleasantville. And, don't look now but WB is coming on. Those seem to be the better teams. Beckman may be in the mix, too. Durant was found to be a bit of a fraud this week. Maybe they bounce back at home against the Bears.

Week 6 key games:

SK v Mepo
WB v Durant
West Sioux v Emmetsburg
Mt Ayr v I-35
OABCIGHKVVFHKKVWTZ v Underwood

Reactions: down_south
UPDATED Top 10

1 OABCIGHIJKLMNOP
2 Van Meter
3 Pleasantville
4 SK
5 SE Valley
6 Emmetsburg
7 SCC
8 West Sioux
9 Underwood
10 Mt Ayr

Looking In: South Ham, Mepo, WB, Beckman, Elizabeth Warren HS (Pocahontas), I 35, Woodward G.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT