ADVERTISEMENT

Softball Opening Day

cyard31

Freshman
Apr 24, 2013
the Bears of WB open with a double header @ home against the Beavers of Wilton.
any predictions for softball this year?

I'll make a outrageous prediction...CMB will make the State Tourney. They have a couple of really good pitchers and, likely, enough offense.

SSG T. hope you are right, CMB has a good chance as long as they don't get matched agiain with a RVC team: West Branch, Cascade, Regina or Durant. West Branch returns 3rd team all-state pitcher, 2A runner-up Cascade returns starting pitcher, state qualifier Durant returns starting pitcher from all tourney team, 2015 Champion Regina returns 2A 1st team all-state pitcher & all tourney SS with 12 home runs. .

SSG T. hope you are right, CMB has a good chance as long as they don't get matched agiain with a RVC team: West Branch, Cascade, Regina or Durant. West Branch returns 3rd team all-state pitcher, 2A runner-up Cascade returns starting pitcher, state qualifier Durant returns starting pitcher from all tourney team, 2015 Champion Regina returns 2A 1st team all-state pitcher & all tourney SS with 12 home runs. .

Casacade is 3A now.

did CMB move up to 3A also?

IIRC, CMB has been 3A in softball for a couple of years. Pretty sure it's one of the sports our boys and girls are in different classes (the boys are 2A in baseball). I think those and basketball are different.

IIRC, CMB has been 3A in softball for a couple of years. Pretty sure it's one of the sports our boys and girls are in different classes (the boys are 2A in baseball). I think those and basketball are different.
SSG T, I would argue that point as Quick Stats shows that CMB lost to Regina in 2A Substate softball in 2015.

Congrats to Alyssa Wiebel
http://www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/gatorade-showers-wiebel-with-state-honor-20160602

VAN HORNE — Benton Community senior pitcher/third baseman Alyssa Wiebel has been selected the Iowa Gatorate softball player of the year.

Wiebel, who has signed to play at Illinois State University next season, led the state with 21 home runs last season, driving in 71 runs. She batted .600 as the Bobcats (42-4) reached the Class 3A state final.

Benton is 11-0 this season. Wiebel is hitting .500 with 12 runs and eight RBIs.

Wiebel was a Elite all-stater last year and leaves Benton with a 4.06 grade point average

Interesting to watch when kids who played at one school(Marion), end up playing at another school(Benton).

Cid - I saw the Regals lost 2 last night, what is going on with them. They are #1 in 2A with a 13-12 record. Are they for real this year?

Cid - I saw the Regals lost 2 last night, what is going on with them. They are #1 in 2A with a 13-12 record. Are they for real this year?

Got a few issues going on, injuries, lack of clutch hitting, not solid on defense, interesting line ups, some players missing time. Hopefully get it straightened out soon. Right field fans may be the issue, full bleachers haven't been installed yet and security and checking of tickets have been lacking.

Got a few issues going on, injuries, lack of clutch hitting, not solid on defense, interesting line ups, some players missing time. Hopefully get it straightened out soon. Right field fans may be the issue, full bleachers haven't been installed yet and security and checking of tickets have been lacking.
the schedule looks difficult in the next 7 days. Good luck getting it straightened out.

ReGals picked up a split with Pleasant Valley, continued the schedule of playing larger schools. I am hoping that gets them ready for the tournament trail.

Cid: Earlier this week you played the rematch of the 2015 2A championship vs Cascade. The article I read said that Cascade was #4 in 3A but now Cascade is listed in the 2A Region #7. Was this a misprint on behalf of the newspaper or is it possible that Cascade changed classification....confused on this

thought only privates could get "re-classified" by sending in a letter & a check, LOL

Another myth perpetuated by the private school haters....ahemmm....people like you and your cubs.....let's just let the OE kids not count this year.

Cid, who is this Ries Girl. What a great time to step up, as a senior & shine for your team on her last home game of her career.
good luck @ state.

http://www.press-citizen.com/story/...ginas-softball-team-trip-back-state/86976020/

Maybe she is following in last years tradition of a senior left fielder stepping up late in the season. Had a late start to the season due to being on the 2nd place soccer team, played behind some younger kids earlier in the year and has recently entered the lineup. She is a scrappy player, think she has had some brothers go through there as well, think the youngest will be senior this fall.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Maybe she is following in last years tradition of a senior left fielder stepping up late in the season. Had a late start to the season due to being on the 2nd place soccer team, played behind some younger kids earlier in the year and has recently entered the lineup. She is a scrappy player, think she has had some brothers go through there as well, think the youngest will be senior this fall.
This story gets better & better. I ran into a "Regina Guy" & he was telling me that the Ries girl is a third generation athlete. Her Grandpa was in the 1st graduating class @ RHS & her dad graduated in early/mid 80's. RHS is way ahead of the recruiting game starting back in 1958/59. :)

This story gets better & better. I ran into a "Regina Guy" & he was telling me that the Ries girl is a third generation athlete. Her Grandpa was in the 1st graduating class @ RHS & her dad graduated in early/mid 80's. RHS is way ahead of the recruiting game starting back in 1958/59. :)

Her Grandma was in the first class as well. Be nice to get a championship for the girls to wrap up the season.

Her Grandma was in the first class as well. Be nice to get a championship for the girls to wrap up the season.
does part of the recruiting process involve setting these athletes up in the 50's to produce a 3rd generation state champion in 2016. LOL

There are a lot of families like this at Regina. My kids are now in school with the kids of many former classmates.
It's pretty nice to get to stay in touch with old friends this way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT