Semifinals

Charles86

Freshman
Aug 6, 2018
Saturday November 16

Regina vs Van Meter @ 10am

West Lyon vs West Sioux @ 1pm

Thoughts on these games?

*Im not sure if Regina can continue the run without the services of their standout wideout, Wick. Hope for a speedy recovery. Van Meter is a juggernaut defensively and has been able to fill the void after they lost their starting running back at the end of the regular season. Bulldogs are in a pretty nice spot, but I wouldn’t doubt Regina with the coaching staff they have. They will have a solid game plan put together.

*West Lyon vs West Sioux to me will have the eventual champion emerge from this game. West Lyon is full of athletes and they possess the size and power to go with those athletes. They have a speedy and elusive quarterback that can make plays when things break down. West Sioux still has the services of Dekkers and Lynott that make them scary. Add in Coppock’s play making ability and it gives them another weapon on the turf. Their regular season game against each other was the game of the year so far and we get to have the sequel. This game should be quite the battle. Either way, district 1 will have another representative in the championship and one that I think will take home the title. Now we just need to wait and find out who it’ll be.

Last edited:
What was the injury that took out the VM running back. VM doesn’t do anything fancy but are very good at execution. They haven’t seen a ton of spread/throwing this year. Will be interesting to see how Regina game plans without Wick involved. He was a dominant receiver. Will be good to be back in the Dome for a game. Tough adjustment temperature wise. State question, why do they make them play these games with brand new footballs?

What was the injury that took out the VM running back. VM doesn’t do anything fancy but are very good at execution. They haven’t seen a ton of spread/throwing this year. Will be interesting to see how Regina game plans without Wick involved. He was a dominant receiver. Will be good to be back in the Dome for a game. Tough adjustment temperature wise. State question, why do they make them play these games with brand new footballs?

It’s a different brand, correct? Something with revenue?

They do the same with soccer. They force them to play with inferior Spaulding balls at the state tournament.
Sponsorship money...

Reactions: Charles86
Is that Sioux City stream service showing the West Sioux vs West Lyon game? I watched the first game on it. longlines.com/live. Actually rewatched it on their on demand channel. Expect another great game.

You sure seem to enjoy saying that word

Thank you for the contribution about the game. ‘Condition the footballs’
It would be interesting to check and see if teams fumble more often in the Dome then they do in the season prior to the Dome.

In this day and age, being forced to use Spalding for any kind of a ball is a joke. Especially for football and soccer.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Is that Sioux City stream service showing the West Sioux vs West Lyon game? I watched the first game on it. longlines.com/live. Actually rewatched it on their on demand channel. Expect another great game.

we have already seen how this one is going to end. West sioux has West lyons number. if West lyon cant beat them on grass when its freezing i dont see them beating them on turf.

VM looks like they have the better squad here. Regina has tradition but VM has the dogs. VM by 14+

The board is eerily quiet. Who gets the biggest advantage by playing in the Dome rather than outside?
Which of these teams platoon the least/most?
Do the TV timeouts equalize the difference between a team a team that platoons a great deal or one that doesn’t?

The board is eerily quiet. Who gets the biggest advantage by playing in the Dome rather than outside?
Do the TV timeouts equalize the difference between a team a team that platoons a great deal or one that doesn’t?
I'd have to think that WS would gain the most from the turf. We'll see if WL can either outscore them or find a way to create some turnovers.

The sheer depth of VM will likely create issues for regina. I believe in 2017 when they played, VM was not playing a ton of guys upfront both ways. Without wick, seems like a big challenge for regina this year. Perhaps the regina staff will put in some new wrinkles and cook will find his groove inside to keep it close. As much as their line appears to have improved, will be interesting to see how they handle a VM defense that will likely stack the box now with regina not having their go to reciever.

I'd have to think that WS would gain the most from the turf. We'll see if WL can either outscore them or find a way to create some turnovers.

The sheer depth of VM will likely create issues for regina. I believe in 2017 when they played, VM was not playing a ton of guys upfront both ways. Without wick, seems like a big challenge for regina this year. Perhaps the regina staff will put in some new wrinkles and cook will find his groove inside to keep it close. As much as their line appears to have improved, will be interesting to see how they handle a VM defense that will likely stack the box now with regina not having their go to reciever.

"Without wick..." "with regina not having their go to reciever." What happened?

At this time of the year, most teams are dealing with injuries.

Public/ Published knowledge that he's injured. As practice, good to refrain from delving into medical issues of these young athletes beyond that.

Missing a couple of posters since last Friday...

Somebody is going to step up and catch the passes from Cook for Regina. But, some of that big play ability is gone.
Regina's running game looks much improved, which should help, but it will be a big challenge for sure.
Both 1A games should be good ones.

Really looking forward to the WL vs WS game and the athletes that both teams will feature.

Also, interested in seeing who will step up for Regina and who will make the big plays when needed against a once again solid VM defense

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT