ADVERTISEMENT

See, this is EV news that actually has promise.

I can see having and EV for local driving. Enclosed golf cart. I love my hybrid - silent running most of the time. Not less than 45 -50 mph. Sometimes I hit 60. 600 mile range easy

Love my 2020 Tundra (still the 5.7). The 2022 Tundra has had a lot of negative feedback, and dealer been calling me monthly trying to buy mine back. That said, I’m in a 2023 this week for a rental on work trip. Idk if the 1794 edition has a different engine, but I like this one. Will return it before I figure out what half the buttons do though…

Reactions: BamaFan1137
I can see having and EV for local driving. Enclosed golf cart. I love my hybrid - silent running most of the time. Not less than 45 -50 mph. Sometimes I hit 60. 600 mile range easy
Think that’s MPG…..🤔 or since it’s a hybrid, could be MPH.

Love my 2020 Tundra (still the 5.7). The 2022 Tundra has had a lot of negative feedback, and dealer been calling me monthly trying to buy mine back. That said, I’m in a 2023 this week for a rental on work trip. Idk if the 1794 edition has a different engine, but I like this one. Will return it before I figure out what half the buttons do though…

I bought a Tundra the first year Toyota came out with it in 2000. Before that they made the T100. I cannot kill it and still have it. I have done nothing but routine maintenance on it and I duck hunt a lot so I treat it like a truck. Almost 400,000 miles on it now.

I will buy another Tundra but interested on your thoughts on the new ones. I test drove one several years ago and the back up camera was crap. I test drove the Ford trucks and they seemed like they drove a lot better on the road than the Tundras.

Reactions: alphatiger08
I bought a Tundra the first year Toyota came out with it in 2000. Before that they made the T100. I cannot kill it and still have it. I have done nothing but routine maintenance on it and I duck hunt a lot so I treat it like a truck. Almost 400,000 miles on it now.

I will buy another Tundra but interested on your thoughts on the new ones. I test drove one several years ago and the back up camera was crap. I test drove the Ford trucks and they seemed like they drove a lot better on the road than the Tundras.
I love my 2020 and it’s everything Tundras have always been talked up to be. I have a company vehicle now, so that truck may have 2,000-3,000 miles this calendar year (about 43k total). No issues, I actually have it at my parents’ house now so my dad can put some miles on it since I’m always on road.

I’ve had this 2023 Tundra since Wednesday and will til 8/4, and I’ve been impressed so far. I had a 2022 Tundra SR5 earlier this year and wasn’t a fan. I knew the 5.7 was going away in 2022 and was hoping to get a 2021, but I just couldn’t wait with my Silverado and the issues I was having. Both the 2022 and 2023 hybrids seem to have more pickup than my 5.7, but the 2022 seem to have a delay (like a lot of hybrids) when you punch it.

Toyota will get it right (and may have with the 2023), but personally I’d give it a 4-5 year history with the hybrids. Jury still out on long term, though they do come with lifetime powertrain if you buy new.

If you’re entertaining other trucks, I can probably give some insight, as I’ve been in just about all of them for multiple weeks this year so far…

Last edited:
Reactions: Sanctions Stand

Get a F150, best driving vehicle I’ve ever owned and besides, Ford didn’t take any bailouts like Government Motors Company 😉

Get a F150, best driving vehicle I’ve ever owned and besides, Ford didn’t take any bailouts like Government Motors Company 😉
We can agree on this truth. I donated my 2013 F150 to my son for a work truck. Just hit 350k still feels like a new one. Two sets of brakes and a fuel pump ( ridiculously expensive because they have to pull the tank) . That’s it.

I was offered $9000 for it last week.. I guess Ford V8s are hard to come by nowadays.

Reactions: Reasoned
We can agree on this truth. I donated my 2013 F150 to my son for a work truck. Just hit 350k still feels like a new one. Two sets of brakes and a fuel pump ( ridiculously expensive because they have to pull the tank) . That’s it.

I was offered $9000 for it last week.. I guess Ford V8s are hard to come by nowadays.
Yeah that was 2013. It ain’t now. Ford has its problems since then.

ford 150’s are why I’ve been in a rental for my work vehicle since October as we select a new fleet program.

My 2022 Chevrolet (work) has a new engine. The new one, like the old one, has plastic lifters and somehow they failed. Go figure.

The last 4 vehicles I've bought, that weren't for my wife (lol), have all been Toyota's.

My 2022 Chevrolet (work) has a new engine. The new one, like the old one, has plastic lifters and somehow they failed. Go figure.

The last 4 vehicles I've bought, that weren't for my wife (lol), have all been Toyota's.
Dang. I’ve been eyeing the Colorado Trail Boss lately. Am I gonna have to pivot?

Don’t pass up pussÿ for intellectual reasons and DON’T swap your v8 Tundra for that POS turbo v6. They are disasters!

Reactions: derek_tiger
Don’t pass up pussÿ for intellectual reasons and DON’T swap your v8 Tundra for that POS turbo v6. They are disasters!
I’m not selling my 2020 Tundra. Dealer has been begging me to sell it back. I’ve maybe put 4,000 miles on it this year, and will probably average 5-10k/year as long as I’m in this job. But it’s not going anywhere.

Yup, had lifter go in a 2012 and 2014, each around 100k miles. 2014, the cam shaft went at same time. Won’t buy another Chevy until I see 5-6 years without a ton of lifter issues. Will take one if that’s what they decide to do for company vehicles though, because they do ride smooth. Just don’t want to be the one paying to fix.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
index-6-1569333359.jpg
Wine cooler uga fans smh

• Haha
Reactions: Orange_N_White
This^^^^. Love my 2018 Tundra 1794 and just put a Phoenix Automotive HUGE screen audio / stereo to upgrade the technology. I wouldn't give up my 5.7L for a 6cyl Turbox2 for anything.

My BIL just bought a F-150 and was disappointed to find out that Consumer Reports ranks it as the LEAST reliable pickup on the market.

The only thing missing now on my 1794 is remote start... I can buy one, but I would rarely use it.

Dang. I’ve been eyeing the Colorado Trail Boss lately. Am I gonna have to pivot?

Different engines for sure but I'd probably do some research. The 5.3's have freaking plastic lifters and all sorts of "innovations" on the top end of the engine.

It's probably fine under normal conditions but we don't use them under normal conditions.

Yup, had lifter go in a 2012 and 2014, each around 100k miles. 2014, the cam shaft went at same time. Won’t buy another Chevy until I see 5-6 years without a ton of lifter issues. Will take one if that’s what they decide to do for company vehicles though, because they do ride smooth. Just don’t want to be the one paying to fix.

Every single one of ours will get a new transmission after 120k as well. Seriously, all of them.

I’m not selling my 2020 Tundra. Dealer has been begging me to sell it back. I’ve maybe put 4,000 miles on it this year, and will probably average 5-10k/year as long as I’m in this job. But it’s not going anywhere.
When it gets to 150k, change the water pump. They leak water out of a weep hole when they get old. You won’t see it weeping out. Consequently you’ll overheat it. That’s the only flaw in the 5.7 design other than the earlier models had cam tower oil leaks but yours won’t have that problem. If you sell it holler at me first.

And finally, as always, don’t pass up any püssy! Especially because “she’s a dingbat”…..
They’re all dumber than shite. The only reason they’re here is for us to fuk them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT