ADVERTISEMENT

Sat tourney

Huehney

Gold Member
May 31, 2020
Who is excited for the Regina/notre dame/Beckman pod tomorrow in Davenport? Prediction?

@Huehney
Thoughts on the tournament?
Thought most of the teams were fairly even.
The surprise for me was Assumption beating BND 5-0 in the final.
Did Waterloo Columbus actually beat Beckman? Thought I heard that, but that score is not posted yet.

Did Waterloo Columbus actually beat Beckman? Thought I heard that, but that score is not posted yet.
It's posted now, Columbus did beat Beckman 2-1, it's on Bound now. I think Assumption was the consistent winner on the day, but lots of quality play that day. Will be interesting to see who rises up, who stumbles and hopefully everyone stays healthy.

@Huehney
Thoughts on the tournament?
Thought most of the teams were fairly even.
The surprise for me was Assumption beating BND 5-0 in the final.
Columbus won on a PK with 30 seconds left in the game. Columbus is underrated.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Columbus won on a PK with 30 seconds left in the game. Columbus is underrated.
They can certainly play, winning on a PK like that, taking Regina to a shootout and a close loss to Pella. Lot's of time the records don't tell the whole story. They won't be a one seed in a sub state, probably deserve a 2 and anything could happen. 10 matches packed into the rest of the regular season, including a rematch with GCGR, that should be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT