ADVERTISEMENT

RIP, Vince Dooley**

Nicest guy you could ever meet. Would see him around Athens all the time. My brother passed away in ‘98, and he was one of the very first to give me a call and offer his condolences. Same thing last December when my mom passed. Called my dad first then called me. His passing this afternoon leaves a big void in Athens.

Nicest guy you could ever meet. Would see him around Athens all the time. My brother passed away in ‘98, and he was one of the very first to give me a call and offer his condolences. Same thing last December when my mom passed. Called my dad first then called me. His passing this afternoon leaves a big void in Athens.
He was just in the hospital for Covid. Was there more going on than we were told?

He's well known in Mobile, where I grew up. It's possible that Moby went to school with him. Definitely a good guy.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
He was just in the hospital for Covid. Was there more going on than we were told?

don’t know all the facts, but he was hospitalized for several days with Covid, got out in time for the Vandy game and signed autographs prior to the game at the bookstore. He apparently worsened after that and had hospice at his house the last week or so. Don’t know what the final cause of death is, but I suspect it was probably complications from the Covid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT