ADVERTISEMENT

Regina in A

Football211

Freshman
Feb 27, 2016
Should be a cakewalk to the dome, no? Can you Regina posters remind me how many starters you return

This really needed it's own thread?
Couple small classes moved them down like I expected. They were among the smallest 1A schools last two years.
It will be fun to see some new teams.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
Explain to me why top 5 expectations for St. Albert. Yes...they return quite a bit. Yes...they have tradition. But....they were smacked by every good team they played last year and are breaking in a new coach.

Explain to me why top 5 expectations for St. Albert. Yes...they return quite a bit. Yes...they have tradition. But....they were smacked by every good team they played last year and are breaking in a new coach.

smacked by very good team they played?
They played 3 schools larger than them (all loses yes)
(had a coach at one point coach both sides of the ball because their DC had a heart attack and nearly passed away I heard)
Lost their QB first drive in the earlham game. (no excuse they crumbled that game)
Return every single starter back this year on both sides of the ball
Heartland christian joined them in football so more numbers
Besides Regina they will be the fastest team in the state
There new coach is/was a current old coach.
Would be shocked if they didn't make a deep dome run and saw regina in the finals.

No excuses. They had alot on their plate last year. Probably to much for a young team to handle. But with what they have returning, and what they have joining. Easily a top 3 team in the state.

smacked by very good team they played?
They played 3 schools larger than them (all loses yes)
(had a coach at one point coach both sides of the ball because their DC had a heart attack and nearly passed away I heard)
Lost their QB first drive in the earlham game. (no excuse they crumbled that game)
Return every single starter back this year on both sides of the ball
Heartland christian joined them in football so more numbers
Besides Regina they will be the fastest team in the state
There new coach is/was a current old coach.
Would be shocked if they didn't make a deep dome run and saw regina in the finals.

No excuses. They had alot on their plate last year. Probably to much for a young team to handle. But with what they have returning, and what they have joining. Easily a top 3 team in the state.

Wasn't the QB a senior?

The Falcons ran multiple quarterbacks in this last season. 3 to be exact. The junior, senior to be, in the public eye was the more complete dual threat.

St. Albert averaged 24 pts per game and gave up 19 points per game. Declaring them a top 3 team in the state off of a 5-4 season is a bold prediction.

Last year's senior threw the ball 116 times/completed 56 for 800 yards. Rushed for 306 yards.
The Junior/senior to be only threw 17 passes/completed 5 for 40 yards. He did have 72 rushing attempts for 442 yards.

I am sure that St. Albert will field a very good team.....looks like they have a district they should win. Time will tell.

St. Albert averaged 24 pts per game and gave up 19 points per game. Declaring them a top 3 team in the state off of a 5-4 season is a bold prediction.

Last year's senior threw the ball 116 times/completed 56 for 800 yards. Rushed for 306 yards.
The Junior/senior to be only threw 17 passes/completed 5 for 40 yards. He did have 72 rushing attempts for 442 yards.

I am sure that St. Albert will field a very good team.....looks like they have a district they should win. Time will tell.

Saint albert also played a tougher schedule than a majority of Class A. Playing up. when you look at how they handled class A other than 1 game (with injury) they weren't even close.

Stats are deceiving. Any true fan knows this, as I am sure you are. This isn't your first rodeo Zeke.

Guess we'll se.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT