Varsity
Oct 29, 2012
Mediapolis
Scores per the interwebz

SCC 14 SEV 0 at half
Van Meter 14 Underwood 14 at half
SK 21 Columbus 19 at half
OABCIG 50 West Sioux 7 2nd Qtr

Another case of SK playing a team that just can’t stop their long, 5 yard a pop drives. I feel that OABCIG will figure out how to stop it, but who knows I could be wrong

Class 1A
Van Meter vs. South Central Calhoun, Saturday, Nov. 14, 9 a.m.

OABCIG vs. Sigourney-Keota, Saturday, Nov. 14, 12:30 p.m.

Another case of SK playing a team that just can’t stop their long, 5 yard a pop drives. I feel that OABCIG will figure out how to stop it, but who knows I could be wrong
But can they stop Cooper Dejean enough to keep it close? Haven’t seen OABCIG play besides his highlights, what’s the take?

That game sounds like a great match up. I would love to watch it.
Haven’t seen Dejean play yet. But, the stats and wins are very impressive.

That was going to be my next point. They had their hands full with the Columbus qb who was no slouch by any means, but there’s no way he’s anything close to Dejean.
Columbus Qb is a 1st team all state caliber Qb. He will be special next year as I see he’s only a junior. With that being said, Dejean made Waukon look like a pee wee team in the 2a state title game last year- he’s special. SK has a difficult offense to prep for and I think it will be a shootout. I don’t know much about OABCIG, if they are a smaller, quicker defense they may have their hands full. However, they won’t be able to stop Dejean/ cannot throw the ball so OABCIG will prevail.

Columbus Qb is a 1st team all state caliber Qb. He will be special next year as I see he’s only a junior. With that being said, Dejean made Waukon look like a pee wee team in the 2a state title game last year- he’s special. SK has a difficult offense to prep for and I think it will be a shootout. I don’t know much about OABCIG, if they are a smaller, quicker defense they may have their hands full. However, they won’t be able to stop Dejean/ cannot throw the ball so OABCIG will prevail.
I don't think SK is difficult to prep for, just have to tackle well. Mepo shut them down last year and just didn't tackle well this year and a key turnover hurt at the 1 yard line going in for the score.

The last two HC’s of SK opponents publicly highlighted the increased difficulty of preparation of their offense... Spread teams are traditionally easier to prepare for on D until you have a Dejean at the QB position. I believe SK will drive the ball some on the Falcons but it’s probably just a matter of time until Dejean picks apart the SK defense every time he’s on the field. Can SK sustain long drives to simply keep DeJean off of offense...

The last two HC’s of SK opponents publicly highlighted the increased difficulty of preparation of their offense... Spread teams are traditionally easier to prepare for on D until you have a Dejean at the QB position. I believe SK will drive the ball some on the Falcons but it’s probably just a matter of time until Dejean picks apart the SK defense every time he’s on the field. Can SK sustain long drives to simply keep DeJean off of offense...
Maybe, but with SK you know who’s getting the ball at least 2 out of 3 times. If your corners can cover 1 on 1 that’s a plus as their passing game isn’t great.

In order for SK pull it off or be competitive, they’re going to have to win the time of possession battle by about 3 to 1, which isn’t necessarily ridiculous to think if Oabcigakshsg can’t get stops and scores as fast as I imagine they can.

It won't be close - I've seen Dejean in person, and I have not seen SK in person. What he does is...special. OABCIG by a lot.

It won't be close - I've seen Dejean in person, and I have not seen SK in person. What he does is...special. OABCIG by a lot.
This. I saw him in person too and the game is moving 3 steps slower for him. Unless you have someone that can run with him, he will run away from you and let his receivers to find a hole. Even if you manage to keep it close, after 3 quarters of chasing him sideline to sideline, your guys will be gassed and he'll run and run and run. It's frustrating watching your kids lose, but take the time to appreciate DeJean and his abilities. From the stands he didn't look cocky or chippy at all. My kid said he was decent to play against and he didn't talk trash or anything. He also said it hurts when he hits you;). I'll be happy to see him in black and gold next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT