ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with West Hancock linebacker Creighton Kelly

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“Lots of speed workouts focusing on changing direction, speed and other agility stuff. Been doing some good wrestling workouts weekly to get good technique.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“I feel like I’m a lot lighter on my feet and can move way better. I have improved my 40 time quite a bit.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“My team will be pretty good and will be tough to beat. We will make a good run and expect us to be playing at the dome.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Saint Ansgar will be a tough team to beat because we have always had a good rivalry with them. They are a good, talented team that is coached very well.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The Micheal’s kid from Saint Ansgar, he is a running back. He is a tough player and is very fun to play against. He plays some linebacker as well.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I want to wrestle in college from my dad. I am going to wrestle at Niacc for 184. I have always wanted to wrestle for him and I think it will be pretty cool.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Some colleges that have been recruiting me for football were Upper Iowa, Dordt, and some others. For wrestling I have gotten some from Niacc, Cornell, and Loras.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Niacc is probably where I’m going to end up no matter what so schools are not pushing as hard because I have told them I am going to wrestle at Niacc.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have taken a junior day to Upper Iowa and then go to Niacc quite a bit.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I will be doing some camps for football and wrestling this summer.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I plan on attending Iowa State, Iowa, UNI, and some other camps for football. I plan on going to a UMICH and maybe an Osu camp for wrestling.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Iowa State as my uncles and dad wrestled there. I like watching wrestling, football and track.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News