ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with St. Edmond defensive end Brock Stanek

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been working out at the Iowa Central rec center ever since gyms reopened and doing speed and agility things with other guys in my class once or twice a week.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“I feel I have improved my size, strength, and coordination the most since last season.”

What are you trying to improve on before the football season begins?
“I am trying to improve my technique and hands through drills at home. However, I feel camps will really help me excel in learning and showing off my abilities.”

How has Covid-19 factored into your workouts?
“At the beginning of the pandemic, I had to work out at home. Luckily, we found a weight set before they all became scarce. Ever since gyms reopened, it’s been business as usual.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“Honestly, we have the schedule to have a winning season, but our fate is in our own hands on this one. The sooner we get lifting as a team is important from a physical standpoint. If everyone is committed to getting better, working hard, and most importantly being coach able and learning, we should have a great season.”

Who do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule
“I think our toughest competition this year will be against Alta-Aurelia. We came into that game not ready for it last year and they have some good players.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against this fall?
“In my eyes, the toughest individual player would either be Brayden Johll from Manson NW or Alex DeRoos from Alta Aurelia. They’re both good football players and hard-hitting guys. I occasionally see Brayden Johll at Iowa Central and he’s a great guy and a hard worker. I can’t wait to play him in the fall.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I am interested in playing football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“In no particular order it has been the University of St Thomas, Minnesota State, UMD, SDSU, the University of Sioux Falls, Drake, Concordia-St. Paul, UND, South Dakota School of Mines, Wayne State, Culver-Stockton, Missouri Western, and Morningside College are the main ones.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“As of right now, I think the University of St. Thomas has been recruiting me the hardest. I have been on their virtual Junior days and have been talking a lot with Coach Grayvold. He’s a really great guy and he always brings energy.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I was going to go to a junior day at SDSU in February, but I had to cancel, and the next date was cancelled because of COVID. Luckily, I am going to visit Morningside.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I hope to get to as many visits as I can before school and camps start. I know that varies by state, but we will find a way to make things work.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I was planning to do the camps at ISU and SDSU, but sadly they were cancelled. I am going to camps at UMD and Drake for sure, and if I can fit more in in June or July, I will certainly do so.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Iowa State. My dad and grandpa both went there, and I always loved watching ISU play when I was younger. I was at the 2019 game vs. Texas and that was just amazing to watch. They have a great program going there now.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News