ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Springville athlete Zach March

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How did the spring and summer go for you with basketball?
“I think this spring and summer went fairly well for myself and our basketball team as a whole. We attended a team camp up at NIACC this summer. We finished the camp off by going 9-4.”

What are your workout plans now going forward?
“I’m currently in football right now, but it never stops me from getting in some shots. I plan on doing a lot more workouts in my free time then what I did last year.”

What have you improved on the most since last season?
“I believe just using my left hand more has improved tremendously. I also think my midrange is better then it has ever been.”

How do you believe your high school basketball team will be next season?
“Our basketball team is going to be very young this year. I believe I’m the only senior actually playing for the varsity team. We consist of a lot of sophomores and a couple juniors. I think we have chance to finish high in our conference with a lot of good seniors graduating last year. We have all the potential to get where we want to be.”

What is the toughest game on your schedule for 2018-2019?
“Definitely North Linn and Alburnett. North Linn is coming off a great year last year. I know they lost a big all-around player for them in Ryan Miller, but they still return most of their team. Alburnett is going to be up in our conference this year as well, bringing back their whole team.”

What are the keys for your team having success?
“We need to be consistent with our shooting. We have a lot of good shooters on our team and we like to push in transition and get open threes. Transition will be good for us as well since we are a small fast paced team.”

What sport do you want to play in college?
“If I had the opportunity to play a sport in college, I would like to play baseball or basketball.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I haven’t gotten any offers or have had any coaches talk to me yet at this time.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have not made any college visits at this time. If sports don’t work out though I’ve been looking into the University of Iowa.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I’ve always grown up liking Iowa. I’ve attended football, boys basketball, and girls basketball games my whole life.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News