ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Des Moines Christian linebacker/fullback Kyle Friend

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been doing lots of speed, agility, lifting, and conditioning with my team. I have also been doing lots of individual work at LB/FB/RB. I have also been doing live periods with my team. Along with these I have been to camps ranging back to April.”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?
“This off-season I have most improved on speed and strength. I have also improved hand work, reading keys, and 1 on 1 pass coverage.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I feel my team is due for a great season. We have a locker room full of quality guys waiting to get after it. We want it bad. We have been working nonstop since the last game of the season last year. We are looking to be a physical and tough team. I can’t wait to see what we are going to accomplish this year.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“We play a tough schedule year-round. I feel we have one of the toughest district/schedule in 2a. Judging off last year, I feel our toughest competition will be Van Meter, Carrol Kuemper Catholic, and Roland-Story. These games are going to be a war. I can’t wait to see how we respond to tough competition year-round.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I don’t look at individuals much, I just look at the team. Our main focus is always 1-0, and there is no team I would rather go 1-0 with week after week.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I would love to play Football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“As of right now, recruiting has been slow, I am looking for that to change with my Junior season coming up.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I have exchanged emails with a few schools, but there is no school in particular.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“No I have not.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“No I do not.”

Have you done any camps this off-season? How do you feel you performed?
“Yes I have done camps this offseason. I have gone to Northwestern (orange city), Iowa State, NDSU, and Wartburg. I feel I have performed very well at these camps. I love going out to these camps to compete.”

Do you have any plans for camps ahead?
“Yes I do have plans for more camps. I will be attending Drake on the 13th, and I would love to add St. Thomas and Gardner-Webb, but it depends how far my team makes it in state baseball.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Yes, I have loved Ohio State growing up.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News