ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Bishop Heelan tight end Carson McInerney

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I’ve been lifting really hard and working out nearly every day, and working on routes and reps with my teammates.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“I feel I’ve gotten a lot stronger since last year, so being able to block a lot better and run routes better so it’s easier to free myself up more.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel it’ll be hard to repeat what we did last season, going 11-2 and being Runner-Up in 3A, but I definitely think we can return to the postseason and do well there.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I feel like we play a bunch of tough teams that could give us a hard time, but I’d say Sioux City East would be a hard matchup because they’re our biggest rivals because everyone really gives it all they have in those rivalry games.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“There’s also a lot of tough individual players we’ll play, but I think Louden Grimsley is definitely going to be a tough matchup for us, he’s a really good deep threat, and it should be really interesting to see what happens with him against our corners.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would like to play any of my sports in college, but the one I’m really trying for is to throw in Track and Field.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Iowa and Iowa State have talked to me a bit, and Miami and Duke have reached out to me.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I would say Iowa would be recruiting me the hardest, I went to their throwing camp this winter before my season, and I did really well there and their Throws coach was talking to me a lot and was really interested in me.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have not made any college trips yet.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I have a couple of trips in mind, but nothing official yet.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I plan to go to the Iowa State football camp, but also many throwing camps around my area.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite colleges growing up were Iowa State and Nebraska.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News