ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Bettendorf defensive line/tight end Amari Washington

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“As far as offseason workouts go I have been doing a lot of lifting with the team as well as agility work and the field work with speed and footwork on my own.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“Last football season was a big one for the program after a rocky last few years, I feel I have gotten a lot stronger since the last season and it’s blending well with agility and mobility work as I continue to train.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“This team definitely has a huge upside and we are all hungry after a loss in the second round of the playoffs last year so definitely high expectations.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I definitely think we will have the toughest time with the teams on the west side of Iowa, but we definitely have to take care of the teams around here because there is certainly talent all over Iowa.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“This is definitely not a one-man game so I personally look at it as not a single player we will have a hard time facing but more the team as a whole but I can confidently say we aren’t afraid of anyone.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes I have always wanted to play sports in college, it all started with basketball but as time went on I want to go play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I am verbally committed to the University of Northern Illinois, but other schools have been coming in to watch me work out along with some of my teammates so I could not be fired up to keep working.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“NIU was the first school to reach out to me and ever since junior day I have received nothing but love which I couldn’t be more appreciative of when schools show that they care.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have made a few college trips so far. I've made it out to NIU and ISU so far but it’s a lot of fun for me and my family to go soak in all the experience these schools have to offer.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“For the near future it will be more camp focused rather than specific schools, working more to showcase what I have worked on for a while now.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I will be at the Rivals camp May 19th, Iowa state big man camp June 1-2, and I’ll be out at north central for another large showcase just to get as many reps as possible and hopefully create more of a name for myself before my senior year of football.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“As I was growing up I was an Iowa fan but in the last year or two or so I have been a big fan of Texas.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News