ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with 2017 Storm Lake/St. Mary's athlete Michael Demers

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How has the football season been going this fall for your team?
“I feel it is going great. We have had a lot of success. I really hadn't seen it coming until the first week. I really feel good about it.”

What do you know about your next opponent in Spencer?
“We know they are a tough team and their defense is a strong point I’d say. We have to read our keys and be ready. We should be able to come out with another W.”

Do they have any top players that stand out on their team?
“They have a main wide receiver that is really their only go to guy. That is about it. They don't have any standout defensive players.”

What are the keys to a victory in this game and beyond?
“Really it is just doing their own job. Everyone has certain things to do and if you take care of your job, it should turn out good.”

Basketball team?
“I feel we’ll be a lot better this year because we were really young last year. We have to step it up this year and do better.”

Team?
“In the conference, I’d say Alta-Aurelia but I feel we can give them a run for their money.”

What schools have been recruiting you?
“I’ve had Dordt and Northwestern for football. I also have had Northwestern, BV, and Briar Cliff for basketball.”

Do you have a sporting preference?
“Not really. They are both pretty even right now.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I’d probably say Northwestern for both sports and also BV for basketball.”

Do you have a favorite?
“Not really. I like the Briar Cliff basketball coach but didn’t really like their facilities. I might just stay close to home at BV.”

Are you going to play both sports?
“Yes, I am considering it. I don't really know yet.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News