ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason All-State Teams

mcgill2020

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2020
I'm new to this forum, but how can you put kids on preseason all-state lists and watch lists that haven't taken a Varsity snap and leave off returning starters or all-district players? Where does the intel come from for these lists?

Depends on where you’re getting your all state lists from. If it’s coming from a recruiting site or prep evaluators then you will get a lot of guys who have been seen in camps and such. I agree it’s bogus but it’s just a sign of how the game is evolving scouting wise. If it’s something the Iowa Newspaper coalition or whatever it’s called, usually those are still stat based and on what a player has previously accomplished.

Thanks - it’s so random when you read through the district previews - kids on the preseason all-State teams not even on the watch list for the districts?? - inconsistent coverage of teams, districts. Just trying to figure it out.

Thanks - it’s so random when you read through the district previews - kids on the preseason all-State teams not even on the watch list for the districts?? - inconsistent coverage of teams, districts. Just trying to figure it out.

It happens post season as well. Saw a kid get 1st team all state, district lineman of the year and 2nd team all district.

I wouldn't get too upset about this. Hell, the DMR thinks that Olathe, Kan., is part of Kansas City, Kan. It isn't. Olathe is its own city with 5 high schools.

I wouldn't get too upset about this. Hell, the DMR thinks that Olathe, Kan., is part of Kansas City, Kan. It isn't. Olathe is its own city with 5 high schools.
No kidding - DMR fawning over the out-of state transfers in today’s Sunday Register - guess they hope to get some online subscriptions in CO, IL and KS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT