ADVERTISEMENT

Post Season Softball

cyard31

Freshman
Apr 24, 2013
who do you like in each class to make state?
The River Valley Conference has a good chance to get 4 teams to state.
3A Northeast Goose Lake, Mid-Prairie
2A Durant, Cascade, & ICR.

who do you like in each class to make state?
The River Valley Conference has a good chance to get 4 teams to state.
3A Northeast Goose Lake, Mid-Prairie
2A Durant, Cascade, & ICR.

3A Benton Community
4A Carlisle or DCG
5A Waukee, Johnston, IC West

I thought it was interesting to see three teams from the Raccoon River Conference make it to state in 4A with Carlisle, Boone, and Perry. It could have been 5 with two more 30 win teams, ADM and Winterset, sitting at home after getting beat in close games by eventual state qualifiers. I would not be surprised to see one of them sitting at top when it is all over. The three teams certainly are battle tested enough after going through that brutal conference schedule. I am going to predict it will be Carlisle.

I thought it was interesting to see three teams from the Raccoon River Conference make it to state in 4A with Carlisle, Boone, and Perry. It could have been 5 with two more 30 win teams, ADM and Winterset, sitting at home after getting beat in close games by eventual state qualifiers. I would not be surprised to see one of them sitting at top when it is all over. The three teams certainly are battle tested enough after going through that brutal conference schedule. I am going to predict it will be Carlisle.
I would agree. I have been impressed by Carlisle, they seem do the little things. I like the way their base runners run all the way to the next base on foul balls.

I would agree. I have been impressed by Carlisle, they seem do the little things. I like the way their base runners run all the way to the next base on foul balls.

"I like the way their base runners run all the way to the next base on foul balls."

Should be a delay of game issue somewhere in there. I understand the concept and it is successful but there are other ways to instill that mentality than that 'stuff'

Good Luck to all the area teams competing in State Softball tourney starting today.

"Knuckleheads" are you referring to the umpires ??
Regals almost with the re-peat. how will they be in 2017?
Umpires were consistent with a tight strike zone, grounds crew did an amazing job to recover. ReGals should be strong again. Heard the Lehman girl may be focusing on volleyball, something about it being either her or her parents favorite.

Umpires were consistent with a tight strike zone, grounds crew did an amazing job to recover. ReGals should be strong again. Heard the Lehman girl may be focusing on volleyball, something about it being either her or her parents favorite.
If she focuses on volleyball maybe the Bears won't have to worry about facing her in softball. Girl from Logan Magnolla told my buddy that Lehman was the best pitcher they had seen in 2 years going to State Softball. I Was impressed with your team, players, coaches, & fans.

If she focuses on volleyball maybe the Bears won't have to worry about facing her in softball. Girl from Logan Magnolla told my buddy that Lehman was the best pitcher they had seen in 2 years going to State Softball. I Was impressed with your team, players, coaches, & fans.

It was a good run, good tradition started. Some training and development was done for the support functions as well. Just don't Badger those knucklehead umpires.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT